All teen and kid member reviews for The Ruins

Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2011

OK movie.

I would of rated off for 16 and under if there were no sexual content. Very grusome and bloody. Alot of language and sexual content. Mild drinking.
Kid, 7 years old April 19, 2009

ugli scary movie

too scary
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 30, 2012

Urghhhhh"...............

Awww sh*t.I just wasted 2 hours of my life I won't be getting back anytime soon watching this with my dad at the movies yesterday.Extremely brutal and graphic.For those of you who want to know if this is a cannibal movie,no.This is no Cannibal Holocaust ,definitely NO Cannibal Ferox(both of which I regret watching.)A guy gets his leg tangled in vines and has to saw it off in huge amounts of resultant blood,we see flesh,muscle,bone and tendos. INCREDIBLY GRAPHIC.This was only to give you a brief description.It looks real worse out there on the screen,let me promise you.Stay 100 miles away from this if you can't handle gore.*regrets letting 10 year old brother watch.*Uhhh,by the way if anyone knows an unrated or uncut version of this coming out on DVD,please tell me.Gonna watch it with my dad just to see of there's any differences from the theatrical version.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJnic April 22, 2011

Regret Watching It

I have regretted watching this film ever since I saw it two years ago. Definitely not a smart pick for viewers who are relatively new to the horror genre. Experiencing this as my first R-rated film, I know this movie seriously upset me and I would never chose to see it again. Extremely violent, graphic, gory and disturbing. There is also a significant amount of sex related material, including male and female nudity. Unless you are already very desensitized and get a thrill out of chilling terror and intense gore, I would not recommend this movie to anybody.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySACYUC October 21, 2010

Bad

Pretty bad, the sex ruined the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWVMSWOLF March 2, 2010
This was one to the sickest movies I seen but if your into that kind of stuff then go for it !
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2010

Perfect for adults

very bloody movie: NOT FOR KIDS
Kid, 9 years old December 9, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman June 23, 2009

stupid stupid stupid

its like the director just made indiana jones spring break gone horibly rong
Teen, 14 years old Written bynickthedude1313 February 12, 2009

My Mom took me to see it on my 14th b-day

After I watched it I knew it was something a little out of my age level, and I also think this isn't worth watching again. But it does make you jump at some points
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

The ruins is a very scary picture but definitely not for children.

Honestly if your kids haven't seen any R rated material this is not age appropriate. The violence is a major issue. Two people have to break a guy's leg off with a rock and burn the skin with cooking oil. A girl cuts herself. There is more graphic violence. The sexual content is very iffy. I didn't say it was off because it's not the worst I've seen but still there is some nudity that's partially explicit and some sexual references. The language is a big issue. There's like 20 something f words and its derivatives, anatomical terms, scatological terms, religious exclamations and profanities. Overall not for the kids.