Adult Written bymovielover11 December 29, 2010

Teenages allowed

It was a really good movie about how The Runaways started and how iconic they were. Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning are excelent in this movies. There are many scenes involoving drugs but nothing that a teenager could not handle. There is one scene where you can see people having sex but you can not see any body parts, this scene only lasts for 5 seconds and should not be the reason you do not see the movie
Adult Written bywonder dove May 11, 2013

Fun rock 'n roll film!

I thought The Runaways was a very enjoyable movie, although I have to admit, it took me two viewings to actually like it. Now, I'm just in love with it! I love the 70's rock 'n roll feel. I think it was really well done and the cast is perfect. I normally don't like Kristen Stewart movies (although I like her!), but she was just awesome in this, you get to see the best of her in this movie. It's basically about Joan Jett (Kristen) who wants to start an all girls rock band. She runs into aggressive producer Kim Fowley and he agrees to set her up, but there was only one thing missing, a sassy blonde named Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning). The group sets off like wildfire and they soon become the most sought after band until things get crazy and go a little too far which eventually breaks up the group and Joan Jett decides to go solo. The language is strong with lots of "f" words throughout along with hell, [email protected], sh*t, p*ss...etc and some sexual related words. Violence has a foul-mouthed manager yelling and throwing things at the band members, insults in a bullying-like tone. Beer cans are thrown at people. A window gets smashed by an angry band member. Loud arguments, pushing and even peer pressure. Sexual content has girls making out with guys and girls. A boyfriend puts his hand under his girlfriends skirt when he learns she's wearing no panties. A five second scene of a man having sex with a teen (no nudity). A band member poses of sexy pictures at a photo-shoot wearing very baring outfits, she's also seen in lingerie during a performance. Manager uses sexual slang language when he's lecturing the group. A girl dances seductively in lingerie for a man for about 5 seconds. There is a lot of teen drinking, talking about alcohol, some cocaine snorting and pill popping and plenty of smoking. It's rated R for a reason, definitely not suitable for younger viewers. I would say 16+ at least!
Parent of a 6, 7, and 11 year old Written byIndyChild.3000 July 21, 2010

Its All About Trust

I think if you trust your child, then the age is limitless, can you trust your child to fast-foward through the "Iffy Stuff"? If so, no harm is done! :-)
Adult Written bypeppermintqueen April 18, 2010
Lots of sex, drug use, and profanity. Teen actresses are sexualized and parade about in their underwear. Well-made biopic but all a little gratuitous, even if it really happened.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byMathum March 20, 2010

Is good edumucation for everyone.

This teaches our kids about the wonders of the pharmaceutical industry, there's a lot of drug doing. Yadidda?!?