Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for The Rundown

Mildly entertaining action movie with The Rock.

Parent Written byzcrazydivegirl June 29, 2018

Missed some bad things

Lots of language. Club scenes. Monkey humping people. I would not recommend to kids.

Parent of a 10 and 11-year-old Written byAshley B. March 17, 2018

Not for my family

A bit more raw and raunchy than expected. Foul language. Dance club scene with scantilly clad girls.

Adult Written bybrices January 3, 2018

Not appropriately reviewed

It's been a while since I've seen this movie, but there is a scene where it is implied that monkeys have sex with the main characters faces while they are tied up upside down. I find it interesting that this wasn't accurately portrayed under the, "sex" heading. And that's just by memory. It gives me pause about the ratings on this site.

Update: watched it. Numerous, "a**holes," "s*it," and lots of other swear words. This is not for kids in my opinion.

Adult Written bywlfranger October 21, 2019

a good movie basically it supports the black community and their hardships and struggles

must watch...

Adult Written byBeverly B. June 11, 2017

Offended

Although it doesn't say in the review, it uses God's name in vain by saying gd! Not interested in watching movies that say that.
Adult Written byThe Reviewer1 May 31, 2013

the rundown

although common sense media says 11 i caught some f words in the background. obviously they weren't recorded. this movie has infrequent mild language throughout though.

Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised

My husband talked me into seeing this in the theater, and I was shocked that I actually liked it. There were lots of laugh-out-loud moments, and the action scenes were really interesting to watch. Not for kids though.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMike123 April 9, 2008
Excellent movie aimed at teenagers. Parents may not be entertained.
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a really good movie. It had a lot of action plus it was really funny. I would reccomend that people who like action see this *movie*