Parent reviews for The Santa Clause

Heartwarming holiday tale has some potty humor.

Adult Written bywonder dove November 5, 2012

One of the best holiday films ever!

Perfect film for the Holidays! This is one of my favorite movies to watch throughout December (besides Home Alone). It's family themed, so it's perfect for any family to watch together on a cold winter's day/night or just whenever :) I love Tim Allen, always have. He is so lovable and funny, his role as Santa was amazing. The movie is fun and heartfelt. It will definitely put anyone in the Christmas mood! It deals with divorce and a small child having to switch living places with both his mom and dad, the film implies that Santa doesn't exist several times (so if your little one is sensitive, pass on this movie because they might become upset.) There is some minor arguing. Violence isn't much, just a fall off a roof and some guns shown during an arrest. No bad language. Any jokes would definitely be overseen by younger viewers. GREAT classic holiday fun, a must see!!!

Parent of a 5 and 7-year-old Written byent_mom November 23, 2011

A 7-year old's review

This is an awesome Christmas movie! But there are police and jail and stuff. Everything turns out fine. There's lots of elves, toys and Santa-like stuff in this movie. It's not scary, but younger ones may be scared of the jail and stuff [it's not harsh]. It's a really fun movie.

Adult Written bymomstl December 24, 2020

Not for kiddos that still believe

I foolishly watched with my kids (who aren't even at the maybe doubtful age) and the whole thing is about telling kids not to believe in Santa. It doesn't really matter how it ends up, just constant reminders that people stop believing.
On top of that Tim Allen's character is not funny he is mostly just mean. There is humor for adults, but again, not for kids.
Adult Written bykirstenpejman December 13, 2020

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE BELIEVERS!

There is way to much talk of not believing in Santa and Santa not being real. Made me uncomfortable the whole time.
Adult Written bydvdgirl December 7, 2020

Ah it’s alright

It’s alright.

Adult Written byMr. Reviews Guy November 18, 2020

A little weird, but not on the naughty list!

This is not %100 good, but it won't go on the naughty list!

Adult Written byDadToo December 24, 2019

Awful

I can't believe this is a Disney movie. There is no sense of wonder or child like holiday magic. The adult characters are unpleasant to one another and their child. There is much discussion about the nonexistence of Santa. The main adult characters are divorced and treat one another with disrespect in front of their child. Santa gets arrested in front of all the children in the neighborhood. What sick mind wrote this awful movie?
It's on Disney+ and I expected it to be a fun Christmas movie to watch with my 8 and 11 year olds. I was so, so wrong.
Parent of a 9-year-old Written byJackandeoin August 25, 2019

Fun for every family!

I remember watching this movie every Christmas and loving it! The Santa Claus is basically home alone's cousin with its Christmas comedy and crude kiddy jokes! Dont ever turn back on this movie, go for it!

Adult Written byJohn H. December 23, 2018

Horribly dated movie sows doubts for young believers

If your child believes in Santa, this movie will, at best, sour that belief.

The first two acts revolve around the grown up characters establishing the fact that there is no Santa. This message is incessant for the first hour, where reasonable adults try to convince a six-year-old that he needs to grow up and stop believing. Seriously, who does that?!

Even if the message pivots in the last act, it comes too late and is so poorly acted and written that even the newly sceptical six-year-olds in the audience aren't buying it.
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byThe Gatekeeper December 16, 2018

On the nice list

This is one we enjoy every year. My kids are firm believers in Santa know there are many who are not but this film reassured them that they are right to believe. They especially loved the reindeer scenes.
Written byAnonymous November 26, 2018

The butt review

If your child deeply believes in Santa Claus well don't piss them off and show them this movie, because half the people in this movie keep saying Santa Claus is not real. But the movie has no sex or drinking but there is a little action with some guns and Santa getting arrested and some potty humor.
Adult Written byMartinaa3101 November 2, 2018

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15-year-old Written byHendo H. U December 27, 2017

ok.

Definitely not what I expected. Available on Netflix

Adult Written bysarjai b. November 18, 2017
fed ex shown santa gives a bad influence
at the start
Parent Written byJoe D. January 1, 2017

Revolves around the existence of Santa!

The original review says it mentions some people don't believe in Santa but the entire movie revolves around the fact that NO ONE believes in Santa!
Beware, it's non stop and I wish we hadn't watched it.
Adult Written bymimijunebug February 2, 2014

best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!! Watch this movie!! Best movie ever!!!!!! this movie tells you to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parent of a 14-year-old Written by[email protected] December 21, 2013

good movie.

a good movie although the movie proves there is no Santa so ya might have to be careful if your kid watches this movie.

Educational Value
Adult Written bysteph09877 September 30, 2013

THE SANTA CLAUSE

IT,S A GOOD MOVIE:)AND I HOPE NETFLIX WILL HAVE THIS ON INSTANT SOON,:)
Adult Written byMi3 February 9, 2011

Educational Value
Parent of a 7 and 10-year-old Written byCLTMom December 20, 2010

Not for Santa believers

Please don't watch it if your kids still believe in Santa. My 7 year old got very upset because they were way too many people who kept saying Santa wasn't real, and it made her question her beliefs. We had to have many follow-up conversations afterwards about whether or not Santa is real. Be careful! But great if your child is over 10.