Kid reviews for The Secret Life of Pets 2

Sequel reduces dark comedy, ups laughs, keeps rude humor.

Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2019

Amazing

I loved this film so much that I actually liked it better than the first one. Even though I enjoyed the first one too, I think the sequel makes the first one look quite dull. There's a lot more action in this one, it's funnier and more entertaining. I like how the villain in the last one is a hero in this one. Some young kids might get frightened by things like the wolves, but if their family is watching the movie with them, I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud June 17, 2019

Very predictable and has poor character development.

Secret Life of Pets 2 is very predictable. You will guess the entire story from beginning to end. Some of the characters were also not well developed such as Chloe and Snowball. I recommend this for ages 7 and older because of one use of the word 'pissed' and it can be slightly frightening for younger viewers. Disappointing!

Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2019

Amazing

It’s great for families and just a little hiccup in one scene the leader of the pups group said pickles is ( bad word ) off. It will go right passed most little kids heads. Adventures and wonderful.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKateweir June 16, 2019

For all ages

I think this movie is for all ages. Young kids will learn the words at some point and this is a great way to teach them that those aren’t nice words. Yes it said pissed but everyone in my theatre couldn’t stop laughing especially at that scene. It was a good funny movie people need to get over themselves. And it’s not like it said really bad words. And the taser and gun most shows and movies kids watch have stuff like that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarolcat June 13, 2019

It's a great movie!

I thought the Secret Life of Pets 2 was really good and really funny! There are some parts of the movie where they say that a character is "p*ssed. Also, if you have a younger child just know that some parts can be a little scary for younger children. One point in the movie, a man who runs a circus points a gun at all of the animals and threatens to kill them with the gun. If you think your child can't handle that, then don't see this movie. Also take in mind that guns are just reality and your kid will find out about what people do to animals with guns eventually in their life. Overall, very good and funny movie, I loved how the animals showed love and care towards each other and their families/ owners.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMark Lofye June 12, 2019

Horrendous

This movie was a disappointment. I’m a huge fan of the first movie. This movie was 0 stars at the most. I’ve never seen a movie this awful. WILL MAKE BABIES CRY. No wonder the abbreviation of this movie is SLOP

Teen, 13 years old Written byDat Movie Guy June 12, 2019

I enjoyed more than the first. However...

This movie just feels like a giant cash grab. There is no reason for a sequel. There are a lot of problems I have but the main problem is the plot. No spoilers, but there isn't really a big plot going on. There are 3 different things going on and it is just a series of events. My younger brothers loved it, and I think it is just a cute family film that only young kids will enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYollo June 11, 2019

Eh

Funny

Teen, 14 years old Written bymatthewm_06 June 11, 2019

The Secret Life of Pets 2

Good movie! Voice cast was great, good animation, and kept everything that made the original special. Definitely worth seeing in theatres.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoel_5762 June 9, 2019

The Secret Life of Pets 2 Film Review

The Secret Life of Pets 2 is a fun, enjoyable family flick. It does a great job of continuing the story and character development of the first one. Max has a great character development story. The 3rd act is amazing and an enjoyable climax with each character having a stand out moment. Overall, all characters have their own personal growth and character development. The humour in this film isn't forced and very funny. However, the 2nd act slows the film down as there are 3 different story lines which divide up the characters which slows down the pace and intensity of the film. Thankfully, the three storylines beautifully conjoin to create an epic climax (battle). In conclusion, this film is a fun, family flick packed with great messages of never giving up, overcoming fear and teamwork. Worth A Watch!

Kid, 6 years old June 9, 2019

This movie is superific

The pets save a tiger from the bad guy who has a circus. I love this movie so much that I hope there is a Secret Life of Pets 3.