Kid reviews for The Secret World of Arrietty

Deeply felt anime about loneliness and friendship.

Teen, 13 years old Written byStoddert February 19, 2012

Wonderful

This is a wonderful movie that everyone should see. The friendships are great. Everyone can learn something no matter their age.

Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2012

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My # 1 movie rule is If any studio ghibli movie comes out, I will not miss it. I am so glad I followed that rule for this movie because IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went with my mom and we both loved it to the max. I reccomend this movie for ages 5 and up. This movie has some scary scenes for younger kids ( such as when arriety almost gets eaten by a cat) but nothing too intense. Arrietty is a good role model and there are tons of positive messages in the movie. the movie is 5 star worthy and I want to see it again.=)=)=)

Teen, 13 years old Written byJinxIsMeJ February 17, 2012

I loved it so much!!!

So I am a huge fan of Studio Ghibli, who made the beautiful movies Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky and others, (I recommend all of them HIGHLY!) and when I saw that there was a new movie coming out I literally started jumping up and down with excitement. I just saw it today and I must say, I was NOT disappointed. This movie was so heartwarming, so charming, and completely appropriate for any age. The animation is gorgeous, I was amazed at how beautiful the flowers where in the background, all of the beautiful wallpaper in Arrietty's house, the doll house, everything. The story was so charming in every single way possible, and kids can learn a few good morals. Recommend!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypondo February 17, 2012

a beautifull film

this has become one of my favorite films, i rated it 10, because, in the end you might end up crying, a wonderfull story, and the dollhouse was just magnificent, a must see film, i rate it on for 10 and up

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimeGirl8 October 27, 2012

Very Sweet Movie That Will Tug At Your Heartstrings

I went to see this with my family in theaters and then watched the movie again On Demand. I, as you can see from my username, am obsessed with anime. This movie was absolutely outstanding and I'm a pretty harsh critic on anime and movies in general but this truly deserves five stars. Although children 6 and under will get bored at some moments in the film, my 7 year old brother really enjoyed himself and begged my family to watch it on our movie night at home. Although there are a few upsetting moments for young children as the boy names Sean says,"Everyone has to die sometime" and "I'm going to die anyway" I think the uplifting moments really mute them out. A movie you DEFIANTLY will want on you to watch list.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews June 30, 2012

The Secret World of Arriety Movie Review

Worthwhile but can be found boring but beautiful and top notch animation.

Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

NOOOOO

Unbelievably slow. Do not watch this, you could make a fast one into an advert.
Teen, 16 years old Written byromneysgirlfriend October 29, 2012

Love this!!!!

Very nice movie, for the whole family. Fun plot, and fantastic animation! 5 stars!

Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2012

It's nice

Love it my 6 year old sister loves it.

Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2012

super

youre in the adventure yes it was good

Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2012

Hold it!

Hold it! Before you watch this with young children you need to know that they will not understand it. Period. Their are the normal things (you know bad guy good guy kind of thing) but the thing they will probably not understand is how little people live in the floor. Also their is plenty of good guy bad guy violence.

Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2012

Awesome movie.

I like this movie a lot. There are some parts that might scare little kids, but my sister is three, and she loved it too.
Kid, 9 years old July 30, 2012

THE SECRET WORLD OF ARRIETTY

good japanese animation movie is more kid-friendly than others.

Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2012

Impressive. Another awesome film by Studio Ghibli.

I love this movie! It actually made me believe in Borrowers. And I just love the music and characters. This is not just a movie for children, also for Tweens, teens, and adults. Not really any violence.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRobbShowMovieReviews May 27, 2012

The Secret World of Arrietty Movie Review

Sweet and emothinal movie delivers with good animation.

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2012

Sweet!

I LOVED The Secret World of Arrietty. When Arrietty became friends with the sick kid it was so sweet! I loved the backgrounds and I strongly recemend whoever reads this comment should watch the movie too. Sweet!

Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2012

cool!!

amazing!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 2, 2012

Really Good Movie!

This is a great movie based on the fantastic book 'The Borrowers' by Mary Norton. It might not be great for VERY young children because a woman is seen destroying the borrowers' home. This movie was not as great as the book. So, if you like the story you should really read the book.

Kid, 9 years old February 28, 2012

BAD

This movie is a kids Animie if they like it they might think animie is ok