All parent member reviews for The Shaggy Dog (2006)

Adult Written byMort555 April 9, 2008

Good children's movie, Bad for everyone else

I recently watched the Shaggy Dog and I am kind of disappointed. I have always been a fan of Tim Allen. In my opinion this movie is perfect for younger children and their parents to watch together. The movie isn't as intereting for older children. If you are over the age of 13 you probably won't like this movie. Overall a great movie for children and an average movie for everyone else.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byJojano March 3, 2012

Even better when edited for The Hallmark Channel

We saw this edited on The Hallmark Channel from a PG to a G rating...so so cute for the whole family. Not sure what was cut out to make it a G but it was perfect for my family. Both my kids (11 yr old boy and 9 yr old girl) cackled at this movie. My husband and I even giggled at parts. I just love a movie that I can sit down and watch with my kids.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 12, 2010

Worst.

The worst
Parent of a 9 year old Written byamurry1395 March 8, 2009

I luaghed!

All my family cares if I get a new movie.
Adult Written bytredmer April 9, 2008

a great disney movie

Finally, a really good silly funny kids movie, with out the sarcastic, mouthy, disrespctful kids. Being a dog owner I found this movie to be extremely funny. My 9 year olds loved it too. A great family movie. Good values and messeges. Bad guys go to jail, the good guys win and the dad learns a real lesson about the importance of family. I wish disney would make more movies like this. See it and enjoy!
Adult Written byrussell-benoit April 9, 2008

We were going to watch 20 minutes; there went bedtime!

We really were only going to watch a few minutes, and next thing we knew we were glued to what came next. Funny story, plenty for 8-10 year old boys to laugh at, and yet the central importance of family comes clear.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008