Parent reviews for The Simpsons Movie

The Simpsons Movie Poster Image

There are some sexually suggestive material even if other reviews say there isn’t. Bart skates baked A boy sees him and decides “he likes boys” Two policemen find a hidden area and make out

The wizard of oz and the hound dog has been in a secret secret and a movie

The Simpsons Movie is for teens & adults.

This movie has lots of violence, sexual themes, & swearing. Bart gets drunk & Homer strangles Bart. Bart skateboards nude, his penis showing in one scene. The lake gets polluted & the town makes death threats against Homer. Maggie drops a rock on Russ Cargill. Marge & Homer have sex off-screen. Bart puts a bra on his head. Homer accidently hammers a nail into his leg. This movie is rated PG-13 for a reason!

this movie is great i have to say i like it more than the show itself the show is good but i think this is better

We all enjoyed it

So, this was a tough choice. Our kids are 6 and 8. But many of their classmates and friends watch the Simpsons. We have not allowed them to watch the TV show for obvious reasons. They wanted to watch the movie and mom and dad knew this one would be 'edgy'. A LOT more swearing than I would like and Bart was Bart. It created an opertunity to talk about what is naughty behviour and why and the importance of not swearing and its not classy to swear etc. There are no swear words that they don't hear in the school yard every day but certainly lots of swearing that they aren't allowed to do. In the end I don't regret watching the movie with them. All of us (my wife included) enjoyed it a lot and laughed a lot because, let's be serious, its funny! But, if you want to shield your kids from dumb-ass, and hell and other mid-range swear words, then this is NOT the movie for you.

The review left some stuff out.

I believe the review left out that The review left out how Homer flipped off the mob. while he said: see you later losers. I just watched this for the second time and I thought it was even more funny watching it the second time then the first time watching it.

10+