All parent member reviews for The Simpsons Movie

Adult Written bychangster.eminem December 18, 2009

Really bad version of Simpsons

I'm not a Simpsons fan, but this was an awful movie.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bybreawycker December 24, 2008

Great movie!

my entire family watched it!
Adult Written bybloodletter April 9, 2008

Don't be such a prude

So what if you see a brief shot of barts penis. my child has a penis and sees it everyday. my 2 children watch the show all the time and if they ask me questions about certain jokes or subjects I tell them what it means. A child who is knowledgeable is a child who is wise. To be open with your children makes them comfortable to come to you with their problems and not affraid to question.
Educator and Parent of a 8 year old Written byDeadhead104 September 15, 2014

I thought it was the best movie ever

I think the parent's should choose. I watched it at eight but other kid's might not handel it as well as I did. So that's why i said 9 and up.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

Easy to like.

If they make a sequel to The Simpsons Movie,I wouldn't be suprised.It was a funny,exciting movie.Just as good as the show.
Parent Written bymegastaraxe September 8, 2012

very funny but no that rude

there are rarley any sex refrences but still a even amount of sex jokes you see barts peines in one secne homer says thank you boob lady to a woman with with huge breasts Bart makes the president say i am a weiner before he shoots them but he gets stopped by maggie SPOILER ALERT (throwing a rock on his head) crab is said 2 or 3 times one you see written down twice godd-mn is used once oh my god is said 2 or 3 times homer says so long suckers and trys to jump in the sink hole and sticks both of his middle fingers up there is alot of violence but is always used in a slapstick way people of springfield try to kill the simpsons in many ways the presedint gets hit by a rock you see a large peice of glass japped in someone you see blood but not a huge amount homer plays grand theft auto at a bar (but is renamed as grand theft walrus) and shoots a penguin but there is no blood and homer laughs after when homer and bart reshingle the roof and homer does not wear safety googles and gets japped in the eye the hammer
Adult Written byage 10+ October 16, 2011

Parent of a 11 year old Written byCodyK December 12, 2010

THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD

THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST! MY FAVORITE SCENE IS IN THE IGLOO. HOMER IS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK IT IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY MOVIE AND EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byseen-all-movies October 24, 2010

awesome movie, share enjoyment for the whole family

the Simpsons is the longest broadcasted animated TV show ever, and not whit out reason. besides being hilarious comedy, it is rather critical to the society in a funny way. And all shows this successful are followed up by a movie. The Simpsons movie is mostly like any other simpsons episode, only stretched out into a full evening play movie, witch gives it time to tell the story full out not to rush it. Even though there are a few suggestions and reference to sex and nudity, and Homer drinks a lot of beer (his favorite), and Bart, the son in the house has a brief scene drinking whiskey, the movie will probably in no way offense parents in any way making the movie inappropriate for children, unless the kids are below and age of 8, is the kid mature 7 is fine but he or she will probably not enjoy the movie so much watching it at such and early age due to the fact that he or she will probably not understand much of it. being a funny movie it is a perfect choice for your family evening whit pizza and a movie. so enjoy!!!
Adult Written bypoopf August 24, 2010

great
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycrazydenza10 July 26, 2010

its rated PG

its so funny like spider pig song
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 24, 2010

Its not as good as the tv series, But its as mature.

Simpsons have always been popular, So they make a movie which screws it up anyway. Its got some mature things in it, Homer messing around with a hammer, You can guess the results. A bit of strangling and being chased by an angry mob. The sexual content shows a shot of bart's "doodle" and Homer and Marge have no clothes on. There is a bit of language but its not too bad. Its ok for kids.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bykrbake1988 March 16, 2010

Good Movie for Most Ages

I personally love this movie. My daughter ended up watching it with her cousins who are 5 and 7 and she absolutly loved it. She know she is not allowed to use bad language but other than that and the penis shot I say if you are alright with your kids watching it let them.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byJimmyH December 16, 2009

Why??!!!!

They just had to add "G*dd*mn" to the movie dialogue! Why???!!!!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydoper December 8, 2009

great but wish it was a bit longer

off for 8 iffy for ok 13
Adult Written bynduns August 19, 2009

Time for an honest review from a fan

I've been a long-time Simpsons fan, but I agree that this movie was a poor effort on their part. I do indeed agree with most of the negative reviews, but most of the people who flame this movie aren't really that honest about it and don't give enough insight to really say what made this movie bad. So here we go, a much more honest review from a long-time Simpsons fan: The storyline was really generic and like others say, it does seem like propaganda, but that's not why I didn't really like this movie all that much. Animations were indeed spectacular, but I'll be lying if I said they weren't trying too hard to impress audience members, because let's not forget, a majority of today's typical viewers care more about animations than quality, which I find sad. As for humor, this is the most important category, in my opinion. It was there, I did laugh a few times, but it was really lacking and I really felt it was trying too hard. Worst thing was that Homer was basically unlikable throughout the entire thing when he's usually a pretty lovable guy from time-to-time. Overall, this movie was really average in my eyes. It had potential and just barely passed. If you're a Simpsons fanboy who thinks all Simpsons stuff HAS to be awesome and the best ever, you're fooling yourself, but who am I to say you can't enjoy it? If you do, go ahead. If you're a hater who never liked Simpsons in the first place, then just don't bother commenting on, let alone watching, this movie in the first place. That is all.
Adult Written bywazzup12345 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byhomer2 April 9, 2008

i laughed my head out.

it was one of the funniest movies i ever saw.when bart was skateboarding naked i laughed my head out.
Adult Written byThreeman April 9, 2008

This movie is the funniest movie I had ever seen!

This movie rocks! I am so not exaggerating! I am the biggest fan of the show ever and this movie speaks for itself. I'm hoping a sequel is on the horizon.
Adult Written byjlo4685 April 9, 2008