Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

Teen drama still fits the second time around.

Adult Written bylope April 10, 2009

Adult Written byTheChristianReviewer June 12, 2017

More sexy..inappropriate.

*Christian Review* Few years since I saw this so going by memory. The girls are about 2-3 years older (17/18)than the first movie (obviously in real life but in character as well). They now go to Uni. They seemed about 15 in first film. Has a pre-martial sex scene and the condom breaks, family troubles, death again I think, flirting, sexy outfits, bikinis, one character draws a man nude and perhaps has pre-martial sex with him later (as I heard), young woman goes behind family's back and dates, think may have been a witchcraft scene like the first movie? Don't recommend.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byloon October 11, 2009

perfect for tweens

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

Adult Written bywonder dove March 29, 2009

Loved it

This was a wonderfully made movie that I very much enjoyed. In my opinion it is much better and far more interesting than the first one. I think 14 year olds and up will love this one, there are some iffy messages throughout the film that may be a bit of concern..especially for the younger age range, but hey it's pretty tame compared to the other stuff out there today that kids are watching all the time! This is a great flick to see with friends or just your dog :)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bygodessingmom May 8, 2009

PG in my opinion

Great movie! All I have to say is be careful of the "passionate love" of Tibby and Brian
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

Four an adult I love this movie.

It is a good movie this is one movie that was just as good as the first. I do not recommend even teenagers seeing this due to the fact that it is an adult movie and the whole in and out of relationship thing going on.But It was nice to watch the girls grow up..And I cryed soo much lol..
Adult Written byKcami April 22, 2019

More mature than the original

The girls are in college now and go through much more mature experiences than in the original. There is sex and while it isn’t shown there is a discussion afterwards about the condom breaking. This leads to the storyline about a pregnancy scare. Their relationships in general are more mature.

Parent of an infant and 11 year old Written bylululove98 December 21, 2008

Great teen dramedy

This movie is great for 12-16 year olds. It is a wonderful teen dramedy about friendship, romance, and starting off in the real world (i.e. college, sex/pregnancy)