Kid reviews for The Sitter

Hard-R misadventures are crazy and crass but still funny.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 February 23, 2015

fine

it was ok but lots of language and poor role models

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 17, 2013

Tasteless unfunny, formulaic stupid comedy, is just plain dumb.

This reminds me of a children's comedy to inappropriate for kids, but with swearing. It's a Are we there yet ripoff with swearing. Don't waste your time on this tired wasted talent. Take your time elsewhere because I think I would rather stick my ---- in a ------.

Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 May 2, 2013

Funny, but not your usual Jonah Hill

This had story and good messages and is not just a tale of Noah getting drugs to his girlfriend with mishaps along the way. It's funny, but not too funny, and is a fairly mild R. Besides one scene at the beginning, there's just language and some drug related incidents, but nothing a teen couldn't handle.

Teen, 15 years old Written byscoutdawg65 February 3, 2013

TENS AND UP

read this violence PG-13 sexual content R drinking drugs and smoking R language R

Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2012

The Sitter

This was a funny remake. It had some very inappropriate content. Some action violence. 1 sex scene, and some scattered references. Frequent strong language, and the whole plot is that Noah is going to get cocaine for his girlfriend. This was an iffy, but funny movie. Though I expected better.

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 20, 2012

Funny, kind of crude movie

Besides a scene in the beginning, this isn't a very inappropriate movie. It's still funny.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysasuke the awsome December 15, 2011

hahahahaha what

hahahahahahah im sorry i mean i havent seen this movie and it sounds like something that my parents would kill me for watching. but it just strikes me that they list TONS of innapropriate sexual stuff in the commonsense review and at the end they say that a girl calls stuff hot. i mean it just strikes me funny that movies with 5 stars of language also include at the bottom that someone says crap in the movie... i mean what parent is going to say: well it has 35 uses of F*** and about 100 uses of S*** ... well thats fine im shure that you can handle that... oh wait they say crap, no you cannot see it i think that that word is to innapropriate:)

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 13, 2011

Over the top and very raunchy comedy is still funny for adults

The Sitter is a funny-enough little comedy, but it is not the kind of movie that you would put time in to watch more than two or three times (even so, if you're bored and there is absolutely nothing left to watch, what so ever), and I do think that it is a tad underrated as well with such the harsh critical reception that it immediately got during it's intital theatrical release just last Friday. Still, Jonah Hill, Sam Rockwell, several supporting characters and one or two of the kids kept me laughing throughout, all though this is the kind of movie that has something to offend just about everybody in the audience, with drug dealers, sexually confused children, adoptive children from El Salvador being called Mexican, and more. But, despite all of this, I was actually quiet surprised at how positive the messages were, but mostly towards the children. Still, this movie is Rated R and is very much deserved: There is frequent strong profanity with about 62 F-words and other assorted profanities, crude and sexual humor including a very explicit opening scene of Hill performing oral sex on a woman who moans loudly, frequent drug use and images of drug labs, and finally, some strong violence including some gunshots and blood. Well, this may not be as harmful to kids as the usual raunchy comedy is, but it is still very raunchy, indeed.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 December 9, 2011

Read

Rated R: Slapstick Violence, Strong Sexuality, Very Graphic Language, and Very Moderate Drug Use

Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 15, 2012

Sitter2011

hill sitter comedy is full of runch and humar