Child reviews for The Skeleton Key

Creepy thriller that's too scary for younger kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviemaniac. July 21, 2020

great movie, a little bit of sexy stuff though...

this is a good and scary movie, there is a scene with a lady getting in the shower that is really close to showing her private parts. I wouldn't worry about the male nudity though, (it just shows his chest while he's in the tub). The female scene could have been simply removed though, nothing important about it. And this movie is very scary, good pg13 horror movie, a little bit of blood is shown.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovielover456 May 16, 2014

Quite disappointed in CSM review

Skeleton key is a fantastic movie, the cinematic shots are stunning and the jump scares are enhanced with the audio. It has a plot twist you never saw coming and an excellent story. I have no idea why it was 2/5 stars. it is quite scary. There's a feeling of psychological terror, mystery, peril and uncertainty. VERY scary. But the sexuality isn't that bad. Really? 3 lips? You see a bare back to enhance the scene and a shirtless old man. Really common sense? I personally loved and was forever frightened by this movie. Okay for mature teens!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 14, 2011

Great, but way too much for a PG-13.

My rating: R for disturbing and violent material, language and some brief partial nudity.

[NOTE: This movie has very disturbing images--the worst being flashbacks of multiple people's bodies being hung by rope onto trees and then burnt, as well as a creepy image of a woman with her eyelids and lips sewn shut.]

Teen, 14 years old Written byHoneyCruller June 29, 2010

I always have the themes I want written.

When some kids hear the term; "scary movie," they think blood , gore, and serial killers. If that was the case, the thrillers in our world would all be meaningless and mediocre, just like their stereotype. The Skeleton Key is suspenseful, wonderful, and has that occasion where you might want to hide your eyes from the screen. I love the plot, the magic, and the theme is very supernatural and the entire thing, is, interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byforgiveme2013 June 14, 2009

Good movie.

I think it would freak someone out if they were about nine. But once they get like, 11 or 12, or maybe even 10 it'd be more enjoyable for them.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviefanatic411 April 9, 2008
Some parts of it were funny. But mostly suspence
Teen, 14 years old Written byfmsdancer April 9, 2008

disterbing

this movie was good for ages about 12 and up its not a must see movie but it is pretty good.it involves lots of voodo so its kinda disterbing, not for young viewers at all. or those who are not into scary movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Meh...

Starts out pretty boring but near the middle it starts to get more interesting, and the climax is thrilling. This was a very forgettable thriller, but its smart (and disturbing) twist ending makes it worth watching.
Good for kids 12+
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover326 April 9, 2008
I love this movie! I kept me on the edge of my seat through the entire thing! This movie is not exteremly violent, nor extreamly scary! I recomend this movie to anyone ages 11+!