Kid reviews for The Smurfs

Not enough bright spots in disappointing adaptation.

Teen, 14 years old Written byShelton W July 29, 2011

Don't You Agree Parents?

Entertaining,But Deep Down,Is This Really Funny?,I Say No!,And Why Would They Say OMG! In A Movie That's PG.What Is Wrong With Our Ratings These Days.Don't You Agree Parents?

Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

A little crude but well-done.

I actually just saw this movie today. (SPOILERS FROM HERE ON) Gargamel's appearance and pillaging of the Smurf Village may be a little scary to young children, and the portal to NY scene. But this movie has very good messages in especially the end, when Clumsy, who usually ruins everything, saves the village. I put all icons but educational because some scenes are violent/scary. Patrick's wife is pregnant and some Smurfs make a deal out of looking up Smurfette's skirt. All cuss words are replaced with "smurf" but I still wouldn't like people telling me "Smurf you!" or whatnot. LOTS of product placement, like Blue Man Group and Blu-ray (get it?), Community (the TV show which is NOT appropriate for kids under 14), and a big plot is Patrick's ad campaign for his fictional company Anjelou. Patrick takes a glass of champagne. Overall, this movie has its ups and downs but is a great movie for grades 3-8.

Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2012

the best movie ever

bother towatch it jonathan winters did a good job

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover13h September 29, 2016

This not oscar, but parents are being overprotective

I watched this movie a long time ago, like when i was eight, and it wasn't bad at all. The violent was cartoonish, the consumerism made sense, and when i was 8, I didn't get the smurf-swearing thing at all. IT WAS FUNNY! not inappropriate. Overall, it's very good and funny for young kids, but not very fun for someone over 10, or 11.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMrMovieBuff June 25, 2013

This is dissapointing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI!

This was a perfect adaption of The Smurfs. Great CGI, awesome voice acting, and I really enjoyed everything about it.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Worst movie in existence

this is a downright terrible movie. bad acting, bad storyline, bad everything! there is so much product placement it is basically an ad instead of a movie. i could not even watch the whole thing!

Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2019

not that good

I would pick something else for movie night.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013
Three and a half stars. Enjoyable at least.

Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2013

HaHa

I just saw the movie it was funny like the part that the cat asks if theguy was dead.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2013

The Buck Stops There

Let me tell you, i made a mistake. In 20-whatever, when it came out, I was about 10. VERY UNDERAGE. Yes, there is some funny moments for the average 10 year old to enjoy. My mother thinks it's a baby show, and doesn't really bother to watch it. Great for the regular Rapunzel loving- 5-year-old, but the buck stops there.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 4, 2013

Funny movie, Ignore CommonSense...

Okay, why does CSM even hate this? It's smart, funny and cute. The Smurfs was a great movie, I suggest you ignor CSM and give this one a try.

Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

HORRIBLE

I DID NOT ENJOY THIS MOVIE AT ALL! The characters are absolutley ANNOYING, I wish I could smack them. I could not stand it! Don't spend your time watching this with your kid. We were excited to see the old cartoon turn into a movie. Completley dissapointing, stupid jokes, and stupid violence. They use "smurf" and other words to replace cuss words, that is why I put "language".

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd March 21, 2013

sorry katy perry but even someone as likeable as you couldnt save this movie from ending up in disaster

Too much witchcraft,and none of characters were really likeable in the first place

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 4, 2013

Omigod.

Saying this movie is bad is being nice. Everything in this movie is crap. It is annoying, stupid, and unfunny. Save your money and brain cells and do not go to this movie!

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

This is very bad.

This movie is defiently not for kids. As a smurf fan, I did not know all these bad stuff, but until now, I saw a lot of bad stuff. Smurfette with a short skirt, Smurfs are shirtless, and they did use the word "smurf" for many bad words like "son of a smurf" "for smurf's sakes" "smurf me" "smurf happens" "you smurfed with the wrong girl". They also drink some beer in the restuarant. This is not a very great movie for kids.

Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

ADORABLE AND SWEET-PERFECT FOR FAMILY FUN

GOOD MOVIE

Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy June 29, 2012

Lame villian

I thought it was funny but nothing else. Lot of slap-stick with Gargamel that he deserves. He is was way too rediculous, whenever he passes a steam vent, he does something to be dramatic, really. He is the lamest villian there ever was.

Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2012

Good

Substitute for cuss words using smurf but great movie

Kid, 1 years old April 11, 2012

Smurfs- more like breats on a large scale

Smurfette shows breasts on a large scale over the course of the film. The Scottish one gets raped. Papa Smurf is a positive role model because he peeks at Smurfette get dressed and then rapes her. Nuff said. PS Large BREASTS on a gigantic scale (so big it would fill up 10 universes)

Teen, 15 years old Written byPITLadyPalutena99 March 31, 2012

Music is severley innapropriate

Walk this way and i smurfed a girl and i liked it.Not for anyone under sixteen.