Kid reviews for The Snowman

Charming, wordless, book-based holiday fable for all ages.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymishacringe December 21, 2017

What an amazing film to watch!

You should definitely watch this with the whole family, as we do every Christmas Eve. I rated it 5+ as some scenes could be emotional for younger audiences.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHonestChristian... January 17, 2019

Terrible ending spoils the entire special

I must admit that I haven't seen this special in years and rewatched some clips so I could review it. First of all, let me tell you that this film is BEAUTIFULLY animated. The fluidity of the characters as they move is very pleasing to the eyes, and I'm sure that the music is very well made, from the little I remember of it. In other words, I am giving this film some credit; they stayed true to the book and did amazingly well with the story they were given. On the other hand, even with all of the fantastical adventures the boy and the snowman have, even with the goregous animation, even with the acclaimed soundtrack, it all tumbles down at the face of the movie's tragic ending. The snowman dies, and we leave him and the greatly saddened boy in the snow. To reiterate, the snowman DIES. To make matters worse, there is no comfort offered by the 1982 narrator, no message in the credits that offers hope to the viewer, no extra scene at the end where the boy gets over his friend's death. Nothing. The movie just ends there, and there is nothing else. Kids will inevitably be upset at the end. I would not be surprised if the majority of younger viewers started crying after seeing this horrific moment. If you really want a movie that conveys the Christmas spirit, look no further than Frosty the Snowman. "The Snowman" will only subtract holiday cheer from your house and break your heart. Highly unreccomended.