All teen and kid member reviews for The Sound of Music

Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!

This is the best movie of all time! Great actors, and the best is Julie Andrews! The songs are beutiful, couragous, fun, sweet, expressive, and inspirational! The movie shows that people always love you, and that they can have a change of heart. It is a movie for the whole family! Little ones, parents, and even teens love this movie! And its educational! The history is about World World 2 coming. The kids are funny, sweet, and intelligant. There is barly any violence, and so what if someone is put at gun point, in this movie it doesn't matter. Any violence leads back to the history. And there has always been violence when it comes to history. This is the ultimate classical family movie package!
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2016

The hills are alive

This is my fav musical, it is amazing! Great movie to watch over and over. The end might get younger children scared (heck, I have seen it like 20 times and I still get the chills
Kid, 8 years old May 27, 2013

Do Rem I Fa So Lat ti

A great film best movie seen!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 8, 2012

The Sound of Music Review

Teen, 13 years old Written bySarra Fobes June 23, 2015

The best movie ever

This is a truly amazing movie I love how musical and inspiring it is.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 10, 2013

Classic Musical for All Ages!

I can't even describe how brilliant this movie is! A classic that you will want to watch over and over! It's become my favorite movies of all time! I don't even remember how old I was when I first watched it. Probably like 5 or 6. The songs are awesome, catchy, and beautiful. There are very positive role models and lots of educational value considering the movie takes place during The Last Golden Years in Austria before WW2. No drugs, violence, or sex. A couple good, CLEAN jokes. A kissing scene with Maria and Captain Von Trapp, but it doesn't lead to anything else. Kids of any age should be able to watch this with no problems at all.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2010
OMG, love this movie even though it is so old. So romantic and its just such a good movie with very good songs.

Great for kids my age.

No violence,swearing,or anything like that. I love the story and I wish they would have came out with a second one,because the ending is that they go over a mountain. I would like to know what happens after that. Great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilly Lovegood September 4, 2016

The Best Classic out there!

This movie is amazing! Every character is interesting, the songs are spectacular, There are a few love scenes, but nothing too bad! This is a show with lots of humor and love, all the characters are spectacular, and this show is good with all ages! A must see movie for everyone, by far one of the best in history! Wishing you all the best in this movie! Sincerely, Lilly Lovegood
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2016

Outstanding movie

Good: educational, great acting, wonderful music, outstanding overall Bad: can be boring at times for younger kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byhayal12 July 24, 2016

Oscar-winning classic has aged well

Although practically all of the songs in the film are memorable, and the landscape shots of Austria provide a perfect introduction to what will follow, the film, like many other 60s musicals, is excessively long. Also, despite the fact that it emphasises universal messages such as family, caring and the power of music, mature themes such as romance, religiousness and the Nazi occupation of Austria are dealt with and may be over young children's heads. But it would be hard to find anyone unfamiliar with this film or its music.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymarvelfreak June 2, 2016

enough singing to give you a major headache

I am the kind of guy who strongly dislikes frozen and those Disney movies so when I watched this movie I was very annoyed. the songs were rubbish. I strongly disliked this movie. Warning,teens you will regret seeing thisViolence 1 out of 5 language 2 of 5 the word pussy and piss is used. A random woman calls the main character a demon. Sex 2 out of 5 about 3 kissing scenes one is very long.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke Starkiller February 21, 2016

A must-see!

All kids and adults 6 and up should definitely see this movie. The only concern is the runtime, which is (trigger warning) almost as long as Interstellar! (GASP!!)
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2015

adventurous and alive

feel good family musical with continues singing and happy moments. some mild flirtation and kissing but catchy songs with a delightful ending
Teen, 13 years old Written byPharoah March 8, 2013

This is the BEST MOVIE EVER!

The storyline might be a little complicated to younger children, but the music is great for all ages. Also, you don't have to watch the whole movie, you can stop at The Wedding scene for younger kids. If you are watching the whole movie with an older child, at the end you can explain what was going on in the story.
Teen, 15 years old Written byD8K91 December 24, 2012

Fake Effects, but Worth Watching

The plot was good and the characters were well-developed. The actors also did an excellent job, however movie plot was unrealistic. The characters changed drastically throughout the story- too drastically to be believable. The effects were cheesy and the songs might bore children, but the plot was all right. I don't think it's good for really little children because the Nazi and Hitler are mentioned. It was probably good for it's time, and it's a classic, so it's worth watching.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 22, 2012

great for kids

This is a great educational value show for all ages (newborn+)
Kid, 9 years old October 28, 2012

Great movie

I love this movie! the music is wonderful
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

GREAT MOVIE, but a little long?

I love this movie!! Personally, I think it's a little too long, because I got a little bored when I tried to watch it a few months ago, since I'm playing Marta in my school play. I love all the songs, though! Great movie!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 11, 2012

Amazing!

This is such a great movie. It's perfect for families. Kids may find it boring at times, but there is nothing inappropriate in it. The music is amazing and I love the story.