Kid reviews for The Space Between Us

Teen sci-fi romance is sweet, if not out of this world.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAllysonHeap412 February 4, 2017

The Space Between Us :)

Saw this with a friend today. It is a very good, well made movie. However, I urge parents to take caution. There is one slightly inappropriate scene, which is why I say it is only suitable for ages 13+. Language is mild, otherwise it is a fairly tame movie. Deals with some pretty heavy themes as well. Glad we didn't take the younger kids to this one, but nonetheless a movie we older kids enjoyed :)

Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2017

Good Movie, Some Flaws

This movie definitely was inspiring, and had some positive messages. Although, there were some flaws. First, there were mispronunciations of key medical words, which kind of takes you out of the mood. Then, on of the main protagonists did a lot of car theft, and this was never really addressed as super bad in the movie. There is a seven year age gap between the two main characters in love, which was obvious. Then, mostly the romance was pretty tame except for one scene where they are lying in a sleeping bag, with bare shoulders visible. Then the screen panned off, and it leaves it at that. Not much cursing. Although there are some technical flaws, the movie was pretty intense, but the comic relief was the martians lack of knowledge of modern society. All in all, a pretty good movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byarianagrande June 24, 2017

Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2017

Great movie!

This was a very good movie but be warned, parents of young children. This is a love story and there was one part that my little sister and I had to cover our eyes for. Language isn't too bad for older kids. There are some intense scenes (plane crash, mother giving birth, very sick boy) you get the point. I wasn't very happy that Butterfield and Robetson were nearly seven years apart and I thought it was hilarious how much taller he is compared to her. I had some good laughs. Gardner has never seen rain, the ocean, a fire, etc and doesn't know how to act around other people, which can be pretty funny at times. Great movie for older audiences, but not for little kids. Ps, Tulsa's father is drunk in one scene.

Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2017

Great sci-fi movie...

The Space Between Us is about a boy who was born on Mars and wants to go to Earth. Once he gets there, he runs from the people who brought him her and goes with a girl he's been in contact with. There is a love scene where two people are in a sleeping bag and bare shoulders and backs shown. Overall, a great movie for pre-teens and teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRosieAuthentic September 3, 2017

Terrible

I overall think this movie was terrible. I was bored throughout the entire movie and did not really fall in love with any of the characters. The movie was so predictable and I actually found myself cringing at a lot of the parts. The actors were awkward and it made me uncomfortable. I mean it could just be me though because my friends were giggling, crying, and swooning over the lead male actor while I was ready to run out of the place. I mean if you like cheesy predictable romance movies by all means watch this because it is for you.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIdkwhatmynameshouldb February 18, 2017

Adorable

The love story is adorable, there are a few needles but very moving!

Teen, 14 years old Written byRomy Chubs March 2, 2019

I’m speechless

That was the worst movie I have seen in a WHILE. Not gonna lie it was entertaining, but NOT for the right reasons. It had a hopeful plot, until everything was thrown to garbage and it became a wacky teen love story. There was no climax on the actual climax ting parts and 90% of the script was ‘romantic’ dialogue which had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL CONVERSATION Cringey,,,,,,,, would almost rather watch the emoji movie tbh
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2017

Ehh

It was a nice movie but included some not nice words I watched it with my mother but I would recommend it to younger kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byTroyer02 June 21, 2017

Amazing

This movie will give you many emotions. It has to be one of my favorite movies and shows a great message. The story line is just great overall.

Teen, 17 years old Written byprincess7789 June 18, 2017

AMAZING MOVIE

its really really good, and i recommend it to anyone who loves space.