Kid reviews for The Spirit

Violent, sexy superhero flick is all style, no substance.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybiovox14 October 28, 2017

Mature, self aware, satire

So the reason so many people hated this movie was because they didn't understand it. This movie is a satire. Its making fun of superhero movies. The sterotypical women, men, sex, violence, any of it, its all makin fun of superhero movies. Its a satire, a comedy, and honestly, since its a Neo-Nior style movie, nobody understood it. Not for kids, but a very mature, funny, brilliant movie
Teen, 16 years old Written bythefatalportrait May 28, 2013

Avoid

Truly an awful film that tries to compensate for its lack of a plot with lots of "eye candy". It doesn't work. You're much better off just watching Sin City, which, while more violent, actually has a coherent narrative structure and lacks the laughably awful dialogue and mind-numbingly stupid situations in The Spirit.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMayorMaypop November 28, 2010

not a good movie, not clean, boring.

bad movie, weak plot, boring over all, alot of sexual content, nudity, conversations are inapropreate, highly sexual. dont watch this

Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2010

Whoah! How much more CAN you love your city?

The spirit appears to have a rather disturbing affection to his city, noting her wrinkles and smoothness. Still, he seems to get every woman, no matter how inanimate! I mean really, is it possible to attract that many people? Then again, it cannot be hard seeing as the city was just a backdrop, with only a few inhabitants. The streets were bare, and no one seemed to notice the CRUEL VIOLENCE HAPPENING IN THE STREETS! Tha acting was wooden, the scenes were bleak and terrible and... Samuel L. Jackson! I love his acting! What could have pushed him to this? Mabye those insideous eggs he keeps blabbering on about. This is a terrible and violent movie, with nudity and blood. I can say if you are a fan of the Spirit comics, prepare to be blown away! And no, not the way you may think.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPrototype79043 July 4, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bySACYUC May 5, 2010
Good film, but not the best i have ever seen.

Teen, 15 years old Written byErrweb March 30, 2010

A movie only for action fans

It is quite a good movie, for people who like action, but there are some action scenes, brief nudity and sexual content which isn't age appropriate. The style of the movie is pretty good, but the acting is ludicrous. Personally I also found this movie quite slow in the begining.

Kid, 9 years old January 17, 2010
This is just the worst movie ever. I watched the first 5 minutes of it and decided i hated it. I don't recommend this to anyone.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySynchronicity May 3, 2009

Don't listen to the critics...this is a great film

Every so often, there's a movie that most critics (supposedly) hate, but is a really good film. The Spirit is one of those types of movies. The people who've reviewed The Spirit probably don't know who Frank Miller is, and if the reviewer does know, (s)he doesn't know that this was his directorial debut. If you liked Sin City, no doubt you'll like this film. In terms of content, I think this film was pretty close to an R. This was pretty violent for a PG-13, with shootings, stabbings and lots of blood; however, this movie's in a film-noir style, so the blood looks fake. There are graphic scenes of a severed finger and a ribcage, though. There was also quite a bit of sexual content, such as when Sand makes multiple copies of her butt, throws one of the pictures at someone, and says the person made an a-- of himself. I was laughing pretty hard at that scene as well as The Octopus dressed as a Nazi (but in a humorous context). Other than these issues and a few uses of "godd-mn" by the police officer dude, this is a great movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc March 30, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 18, 2009

Funny

I have never read the comic book but the movie was funny and action packed. I don't agree with the age meter because there is mild sexual talk and violence. But the violence is comical and not serious and bloody. You do see a woman's butt and her bare frontal silhouette. (She makes copies of her butt on a copy machine which is funny.)