All parent member reviews for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

Adult Written bycandaceandjadesmom09 April 9, 2008

it's not bad, its just silly stuff!

Spongebob is completely appropriate in my house. It really isn't bad, it's just plain silly! Silly stuff never hurt kids at all. It broke my daughter's heart to see so many parents denying Spongebob for being silly ( okay, maybe it's a little bad to call someone a boob) I'm not trying to say that the people who don't like their kids watching Spongebob are too protective or anything but, I think that some people need to WATCH Spongebob once in a while.
Adult Written byFireFire June 12, 2015

Think Real!

David Hasslehoff's cameo was great, but lets get to the film. Violence: Fighting. Sex: Stripper Boots that Patrick wears, Patrick likes Mindy. Language: Jackass used but so is name calling. Drugs: Getting drunk on ice cream. Now lets think, do the kids understand, all the adults do, but what about the kids, they find Spongebob a slapstick TV funny for watching. Whats so bad, Ok there are hidden innuendos in all of the film/TV Series but its fine for kids, It couldn't be bad for them becaude they wouldn't understand
Adult Written byAnAdult April 9, 2008

Wow, this is like overprotective central isn't it?

I guess my problem with some of the people on this page is this: HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU FIND SPONGEBOB INAPPROPRIATE? If you don't let your kids watch spongebob, then you better not let them watch Blue's Clues, cause they are about the same. And will everyone please stop with this "Negative Behavior" stuff?? Its getting on my nerves. What you are doing right now is negative behavior. Just do your kids a favor and actually let them live a life. Seriously, when they get to middle school and everyone hears about how they arent allowed to watch spongebob, they will get made fun of and probably even beat up.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written byteamworkfun September 14, 2009

Fine for Teens, but not for tweens

Before I saw this movie, I had never seen an episode of Spongebob.Of course I had heard about it, but my kids never really expressed an interest. On day I was shopping for a fun movie for the family, and I decided we'd try out this movie. Sure the cover looked innocent enough, but the content was the exact opposite. The first problem was when Spongebob's pants fell off, reveling his naked bottom. I covered my 8yr old's eyes when that happened. My 6yr old, thank the lord in heaven, was not present, because the movie was PG. After that, I continued to watch the movie with my 10yr old daughter, and sent my 8yr old upstairs. Just when I thought everything was going fine, Patrick, the pink starfish, shows up on the screen naked, with a flag between is butt cheeks that read "Spongebob." I was shocked, thinking "how could they let that pass in a PG rated movie?!" I continued to watch the movie by myself, just to see what kind of content they put into the rest of the movie. I was appalled. Spongebob goes to a "nut bar" which clearly symbolizes a real bar, and they get drunk on ice cream, which is symbolizing alcohol. They rest of the movie was very violent, and I was really shocked. Unless you have older kids, stay away from this movie.
Adult Written byAngela33 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byemmasmom513 April 9, 2008

No way!

I don't understand parents letting young children watch this character at all. He has a major attitude problem, is mouthy, and is everything we don't want our children to be. And he's made out to be the hero!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bypachyquin December 31, 2015

Very cute and funny

This is a movie for all ages. SpongeBob is so adorable and funny! There is no cursing or anything so everyone can watch it. It is good for adults too, because the jokes are clever! My favorite characters are SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff.
Adult Written bydrumin2heavn April 9, 2008

Almost Fell Asleep!

I love the TV show SpongeBob SquarePants so I was looking forward to seeing the movie. I was thoroughly disappointed overall with the movie. I almost fell asleep!! It had some remotely funny parts in it but nothing like the TV show. Big disappointment for me.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byGrizzlymama April 24, 2011

No wonder the world is full of dumb people.

Actually started to feel dumber the longer i sat there watching it. What a waste of my time and money.
Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

Painful

If you had a choice between taking your kids to this movie or a swift kick in the crotch, choose the latter. This movie was absolutely horrible. I actually felt dumber when I left the theater. I feel guilty about taking my kids to see this garbage.
Adult Written bymike600 April 9, 2008

good, very funny for 6+

this movie was funny and had a good funny moral, nothing wrong, some odd humor but its just fun. **1/2
Parent of a 5 and 11 year old Written byMaverick60 August 3, 2015

All these other parents have issues

This movie is fine for everyone. If you truly think there is anything wrong with this film then you are sheltering your kids. They will grow up to have issues functioning in the real world because they are so sheltered. You people are the reason Americans today get offended by the littlest thing. You are a cancer on this planet and you need to stop sheltering your kids.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bybobs1234567 August 3, 2015

you other parents are..

you parents that believe this movie has too much violence, too much sex, too much swearing, etc; are complete idiots. please tell me where the sex is. yes it showed their asses, so what, you've never seen a butt before?? how the hell is that sexual. Too much swearing?? what they say damn? over protective and stupid parents is what you people are. where is the violence. you people are all idiots.
Adult Written byaidans1 September 12, 2015
patricks butt is shown
Parent Written byHumorFan87 July 30, 2012

Good but...

I liked it, however a character was once referred to as a "Knucklehead McSpazzatron." I don't know about you but I think that sets a very bad example for kids! Other than that it is a great movie! I recommend it for kids of all ages as long as they don't call each other Knucklehead McSpazzatrons. It could very hurtful depending on the context.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 14 year old Written byKako January 18, 2015

Perfect Movie for Its Recommended Age!

This movie is perfect for seven and up, just like the show (which is rated TV-Y7, meaning seven and up as well). If your children are younger, they won't understand some parts, but it's an overall good film.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

its ok but I had my teens watch with my 8 year old son

because king neptune says d*mn so I had them tell my son not to repeat that in class
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

Woohoo! It's getting a sequel! I'm not suprised though,this movie rocks.

That's right! In 2014 THERE'S GONNA BE A SEQUEL! It's gonna be awesome! I love this movie because it's funny and entertaining!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymlrice July 26, 2009
Parent Written byhannahs2 May 11, 2015

UH UH SHUT UP SPONGEBOB YOU SOUND LIKE CRAP

UH UH YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE SAW THIS KIDS DON'T WATCH IT.