All teen and kid member reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2011

good

i like despereaux.i think he is cute.the movie tells you that you have be brave.much better than the book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byguitarangel96 April 13, 2009

So Cute!

Really good book, really good movie. I don't think there is really any violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristopherGraham September 30, 2012

The Tale of Despereaux Review

I thought this movie was just great and creative for many reasons. It had a pretty good storyline, it has a really great cast, it was very cute and funny, and it was a box office success too. It may not be like the book, but it's still pretty good. Your little kids might be scared at a few scenes in the movie, but besides that, they will enjoy it and you might enjoy it too. Enjoy The Tale of Despereaux my friends!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 16, 2012

Cute Family Movie.

Kind of violent, but fine for families.
Teen, 14 years old Written byj10a1 April 21, 2012

The kids might like it......boring for you

The kids might enjoy it, but if you stay in the room while they watch it,you might fall asleep. It's very slow,and not very interesting.
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2011

Kinda cute but not that good

Well it is cute but it wasn't a good movie. My dad hated it!
Kid, 9 years old March 25, 2011

cute

I love the mouses big ears
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011
love it! its cute and funny and entertaining.i watched it with my dad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 8, 2010

Good, but maybe scary for little kids

It's a cute movie, and I enjoyed it, but it may be a little scary for younger kids (then again, my cousin who was 5 at the time seemed alright). I think it should have been rated PG.
Kid, 6 years old January 25, 2010

Super movie

I loved it but it would be too scary for 4 year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 October 6, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written bynum1snook May 22, 2009

really good!!!

I loved it it was a cute and funny movie good for the whole family
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2009

Self worth and Self esteem

The only problem with the movie is that the rat just appears on a plate by accident, then the person who just took a bite faints and dies, even when the rat wasn't in it. Overall it's pretty nice and it teaches good self esteem and self worth.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanonymousreader February 8, 2009

I Hated It!

This movie totally ruins Kate DiCamillo's book: The Tale Of Desperaux. I love the book! I was so disappointed in this movie. I hope that I never watch it again. Sure, if I hadn't read the book it would be okay, but that shouldn't be an excuse for a lousy movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzeezee_awesomestuff January 27, 2009

Sooooo cute!!! Please watch!!!

I really really loved this movie for all the different elements of it. There was action, romance, and a whole bunch of different morals to it. The one that I think was the most important and that everyone should pay attention to is that I doesn't matter who people see you as, it's what you see yourself as that really counts! I would reccomend this book to people ages 6-60! I went to see it with my mum and both of us just loved it! My favourtie character was probably Despereux! He was so cute and his ears were soooo HUGE!!! Please watch this movie, I'm sure you'll love it!
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2009

wow.wow.soooo touched.a must see,before or after the book

it is sooooo good.50% is about a rat that has a heart like a mouse(cuz of that rat,rats were banished from the land,mice were ok,but rats were killed instantly if found)and he felt that just becuz of his name,it donsent mean that he is bad. p.s. that rat is not Despereaux!!! 30% is about Despereaux, a mouse who is not a coward(mice were supoosed to be cowards,it was the definition of a mouse),his parents and teacher are worried, and after he speaks wth a human,he is banished from mouseworld(or mouseland). 20% is about a girl whose dad had to give her to someone else(the movie donesnt tell y),but he loved her,and she wanted to be a princess.she kidnapped the princess cuz of her dream.later she is reunited wth her daddy.
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2008

I loved it! A must see!

Great movie, you understand it a little better when you've read the book. I say appropriate for all ages
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2008

Not the best movie

If you didn't read the book and now you think you know what its about, you're wrong. The movie and the book were two completly different stories, the only thing they had in common is that there was a mouse, a king, a princess,and a soup loving village. Overall it was not even a good movie, even if there wasn't a book.