Parent reviews for The Ten Commandments

Stirring, even if it's as much showbiz as Bible.

Adult Written byAlejandro LB June 4, 2011

Politics on De Mille's Epic?

Cold War themes? Maybe. De Mille himself made a hint at the beggining of the movie. Which is incorrect is the pretense of some people that the movie represents early Arab-ISraeli conflict. Ramses' Egypt that is portrayed on the film is very different from Nasser Pan-Arabist Middle Eastern power; besides, Midianites are portrayed as monotheistic Arabs (word "Arab" is not used, but they are called "Bedouins" and their father Ishmael is mentioned at least three times). This is different from the Bible, where Ishmaelites and Midianites are separate tribes.
Adult Written byTheChristianReviewer June 12, 2017

Not for kids...

*Christian Review* Don't think this is appropriate for young people. It turns most of the movie story into a romance which is unbiblical...Moses was not proven to have had a relationship with Nefretiti. Most of the men are topless and muscly. Women are allured by them. Quite sexualised. Kissing. Women dress in outfits that make them look voluptuous. Mild sex-y references. "Come to bed with me" looks. Murder to be expected. Twists the bible story...not true to story Only good part was parting of the Red Sea.

Parent Written byCrocodile in china November 15, 2013

Bible

I like watching Christian movies because it's got meaning. my grandmother she a Christian she read's bible for and my brothers kids.thats why I like to read the bible with my families.

Positive messages