All parent member reviews for The Terminal

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion March 21, 2009

A Charming Family Comedy/Drama...

THE TERMINAL isn't really a movie about one thing. It's a fish-out-of-water comedy, a romance, a quirky character study, and an inspiring fable. All of these things play out wonderfully, and though I was a bit disappointed with one part of the end, I highly enjoyed it. Really, this movie should probably be rated PG. Language is mild: a few "a*s"s and "s**t"s, and in one scene Hanks repeatedly says the word "cheat" and it is muddled to sound like "s**t" (played for comic effect). The Zeta-Jones character has an affair with a married man, so there are some mild references to adultery. She says she would quit, but she wishes "the sex wasn't so amazing". There are some illegal drugs contained in airplane packages, but none are used. This is as sweet a family movie I've ever seen, and it's less racy than a lot of PG rated movies. Highly recommended.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Right mix of emotions

Spielberg did a great job eliciting a wide range of emotions from the viewer in this film. There are tense moments, touching moments, sad moments, and funny moments - lots of funny ones! It's too bad the S word appears a few times - when it does it's funny for adults, but not appropriate for kids. Otherwise I think this could be PG. There's no nudity, sexual innundeo, violence, or other bad stuff you get in so many movies. Go and take your older kids with you!
Parent of a 1, 10, and 10 year old Written byMaggieTT August 24, 2014

This is a sweet, lovely film

A smattering of adult language (@ss) and a humorous "who's on first" type conversation in which a person with an Eastern European accent says of a cheating spouse, "he chit" (with a ch sound that's pretty close to a sh sound). References to a flight attendant having an affair with a married man. But otherwise a lovely film by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks, Penelope Cruz, and some favorite character actors. With an overall great message about the importance of having a positive attitude in the face of setbacks and of focusing on people to help and connect with them. Really enjoyed watching this with my 10 year olds, even if they are now walking around making up reasons to say "he chit at that game!" etc.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski November 9, 2012

Nothing special here, but still worth a watch

This movie got some really bad reviews, but I think its ok. I'm not surprised this website thinks so highly of it, since there's not a hint of violence or sex,....or reality. Still its not a bad little movie, maybe just a tad bit too long.
Adult Written byBlurbie April 9, 2008

This movie was so good! Okay, yeah, it had a slow opening and I was about to walk off...but something kept me watching and I'm so glad I watched it!! It's a great movie with a few laughs and it's actually based on a true story! Go and see it - it's great!
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written bygarfield2711 April 9, 2008

Loved this movie. Great for your kids.