Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byloghlr July 22, 2014

Skip the sex scene at 81 minutes and an 11-year-old can watch it

Skipping the sex scene takes nothing away from the movie, and it made it ok for my 10-year-old. He loved it. There is a lot of swearing, but we're getting used to that and he's not picking it up at all from these movies.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bybgbio September 28, 2010
Parents must judge whether or not their child's behavior will be effected by this movie, it is really a judgment call because the movie is very good but probably suited more for young adults.

Parent Written bysimplynotnuts July 1, 2013

Great Sci Fi Script!

The movie is a classic science fiction tale that has a homicidal robot from the future time travel to the past to exterminate the savior of humankind from the dominance of machines and ultimate extinction. Other reviews are harsh and see not redeeming value to this movie which is baffling to me. There is a positive message that every action affects the future and even unsuspecting youths may have gigantic contributions to the fabric of time and reality, i.e. behavior really matters. Fairly explicit love scene where an idealistic man travels across time to protect the only woman he has ever loved. Not so bad in my book.

Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

I WILL BE BACK, TO DO MORE REVIEWS ABOUT MOVIES!!!

A Few arnold buttcheeks, and one extremely super QUICK sex scene! but other than that this film is a classic! WARNING! does have graphic violence and graphic language, but who cares!

Adult Written byjesus3boy May 28, 2009
it shows two people having sex with the motions of it and naked breasts. without that its awesome!!! if you dont mind some strong language and violence

Parent Written byWaldorfparent February 18, 2013

Be aware of fondling

I do not agree with the age 14 rating. Naked breasts are seen fondled during a love making scene. Isn't that usually an R rating?

Adult Written byDuncanDerund August 30, 2014

Sci-Fi

Violence is body count is about 50 people and lots of guns and knifes. There is extremely terrific performances with some sexuality and f*ck d*mn c*ck sh*t a*s. Some extreme violence 12+ I think this should be R for high and crude body count and sexuality including some explicit dialogue and language.

Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008
Extremly brutal. Adults Only.
Adult Written bybun39 September 24, 2011

Terminator is alright

The terminator is a good movie, with all sorts of action and fighting. There is quite some language, and a couple of scenes where Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese have sex. But my mom covered my eyes and fast forwarded that scene. Other than that, it's a good movie.

Adult Written byGeorge Robson March 2, 2016

The terminator

The terminator is a classic action syfi film with a lot of violence,sex and language. There are several f**ks and s**ts and one sex scene and you see the women's breasts. The violence is bloody and several people are shot dead.

Adult Written byAvp December 31, 2014
Violance 4/5 sex 4/5 language 4/5 15 + great movie
Adult Written by4Spice June 9, 2010

good movie

lots of action some partial nudity and language 15 and over for partial nudity

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 25, 2014

The grandaddy of Ahhnald action movies

This may take away some of my movie buff points, but I don't really care for disposable 80s movies with the likes of Sly Stallone, Steven Seagal and Mr. Schwarzenegger. They're essentially big budget B-movies, but I knew that I had to catch up on my homework and finally watch "The Terminator." An absolute classic, the special effects here are revolutionary for the time, and Linda Hamilton comes off some times a bit too much like a damsel in distress, it's still good acting. This might be Arnold's perfect role because his lines are limited, and his menacing, blank glare works to his effect because...well...he's not a good actor. The story intrigued me, the movie's drenched in 80's nostalgia...it's definitely the cream of the crop of Schwarzenegger's career. There's a lot of bloody violence however, and a surprising amount of sex.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byJustJulia09 May 4, 2011

Excellent movie, but not for my 10yr old

The only alcohol use was in a bar. No drunkards or abusing. The ONLY 2 reasons I don't recommend it to anyone under 17, are the 2 small sexual explicit scenes. Sarah's roommate, Ginger & boyfriend then Sarah Connor & Reese who end up conceiving John.

Parent Written byMoviecriticdude101 January 24, 2018

amazing

not as bad PG-13 A+

Adult Written bycharlie2411235 July 13, 2012

Loved it!

The movie revolves around a machine that assasinates people. Also, it says b---h, w---e, f--ker, a--hole, d--n, and s--t. We view a naked man at the beginning of the movie.

Adult Written bychildrenrcool November 20, 2009

Perfect for mature tweens

It is a blood soaked action, thriller. It does have a very graphic sex scene showing boobs,and sexual noises.It is also a bit confusing, so your child may have to be mature enough.

Adult Written bygrapelover46 September 12, 2012

I didn't think this was as good of a movie as people said it was.

Adult Written byNathan009 November 10, 2014

Amazing

The content of the film is not as bad as it sounds. The film is one of arnies best and is one of the classics.

Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008