Kid reviews for The Thing

The Thing Poster Image

Thing : Review

Families needs to know than The Thing is really gore and creepy. I reccomanded the movie for 13 and up.

Best film ever

the movie the thing is about the thing that takes over people’s body. Very gory l, but some creppy transformations that for sure that kids 12 and under will get freaked out by. Some language not that bad. But one science and dogs head splits open and worm like thing come out and it gave me the willies. People burn it. Not that bad. But very good horror movie!

Disturbing and disgusting

This is an extremely disturbing film, with graphic body horror, violence, and jump scares. Don't watch if you're easily freaked out.

Great prequel!

First thing I must mention is that most The Thing is most made up of robots (yes, practical effects) not CGI. CGI was only used to enhance it etc. But then again I really enjoyed this film! The only negative thing I have to say is that the trailer revealed to much of the film. You see at least 3 people who are turning into The Thing which kinda gives a lot of it away as what makes this scary is the paranoia. Who is infected? It's quite bloody but not as much as the original one. No point explaining profanity as pretty much every horror film is going to have someone swearing.

"The Thing" remake is really good, yet contains very gruesome violence.

This remake to the excellent "The Thing" is suprisingly good. But, it contains strong gruesome violence and gore, language, a very filthy sex joke, and some drinking. Recommended for 15+.

just fine

just fine a flamerthrower is used often lots of blood stabbing and 2 head rip open and form one . very infreqent words such as f*ck and s*it. not frighting but kids will want to see this movie

Weird and Sick

Lots of grotesque and scary aliens. Very violent and graphic

Good, but GROSS!

Long-time horror lovers beware, some have complained that this movie is no where near as scary as the original. While that may be true, I think the remake of the movie is changed in a way where it would be scarier for modern day audiences. But I'll tell you this, its the best horror I've seen in a while! In terms of violence, don't let the four out of five star rating fool you. Body parts are ripped off aggressively, creatures are set on fire, people's body are ripped in half, revealing a hideous monsters inside. People's chest burst open, arms and legs get mangled, you name it. The most shocking scene includes a giant monster that crawls up to it's victim and slowly, well, you'd have to see it for yourself. In a nutshell, it's gross. While f*ck is used multiple times, it's less than you'd expect in a horror movie. Well, that's about all you should be worried about. (Besides the dirty joke at the beginning.) While I might have been a little young to see this, I saw it with my parents, and I went to sleep soundly that night.

Not scary, but grusome, gross, and violent.

This is the most grusome and most violent movie I have ever seen. People get killed grusomly and some to a lot of language and very little drinking, but not that much. You see sombody smoking in the movie. Due to all the violent and gross things and anything else I said, No kid (or even older teens) should watch this movie.

scary

This really scary and violent. My rating: Gruesome, disturbing violence, some strong language, and disturbing images