Kid reviews for The Thinning

Some peril, sex in teen dystopian sci-fi tale.

Kid, 10 years old May 12, 2017

Definetly for mature tweens and older teens who love a great sci-fi- thrill!

I am 10 and this is my favorite movie. But be aware it may give younger or more sensiteve kids nightmares. The only reason it is my favorite movie is because I am into that kind of stuff. Definetly for mature tweens and older teens who love a great sci-fi- thrill! Though also lots of swears.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMs.Alanius June 14, 2017

Great plot, but a little unnecessary violence

I absolutely LOVE this movie! The plot is amazing! I think the reason I loved it was because it was about two teens fighting an uphill battle. Who doesn't love an underdog? However, I do believe that at times, it was a little too violent. I mean, i like violent when it drives the plot or create tension. But, in this movie, I feel as though the violence is sometimes overkill. It is also a bit dramatic. I do believe that this is a great movie. The ending is not very happy. But, it does point to a possible sequel. It is very suspenseful and will keep you on the edge of your seat, biting your nails. I suppose I also like it because of Payton List. I mean, come on! I grew up watching her on Jessie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLdogg August 12, 2017

Not for everyone...

This movie seemed to be held together by it's premise alone. I felt that it was poorly executed as when I wasn't bored by the lack of imagination in the plot, I found myself cringing at overdramatic, awkward writing/acting. The movie had an unoriginal dystopian premise in which the government is forced to cope with overpopulation by killing people. It is clear that this movie was made for 11-15 year olds but, in my opinion, insults us as an age group. There are much better dystopian films.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHolly_Bolly June 19, 2017

Amazing

A great movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byp_holland14 June 17, 2017
An amazing movie, but the guards could be a bit freaky to smaller kids watching the movie. There are small amounts of swearing and sex but overall it's a great movie that needs a sequel.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAvacado43 September 24, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written byClarkDS December 31, 2017

Not interesting for anyone other than a Logan Paul fan

It is quite sad that this movie is advertised so often to children and teens. The movie contains a recycled, unoriginal plot, a lack-luster script, and the only real reason you would want watch this movie is if you are a twelve year old fan of Logan Paul, whose acting is on the lower end of the scale. The movie does not challenge the viewer or have any good social commentary, but it does have some positive messages, which is why I rated it two stars instead of one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma1219 August 14, 2017

Great Movie

This movie was amazing for a movie with a low budget and the little time it was filmed in. I love the action and the intense story. I also absolutely loved the cliffhanger ending and I am hoping for a squeal. I would say to not show this to younger kids because it might be scary for them to see the men in the masks preparing to do the thinning, but overall great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byemma.g1303 July 14, 2017

Rated pg 14

This is a great movie my favorite part is that it teaches you the importance of following rules and not changing themselves because you can or because it hurts you or your family, cause everyone is the same importance wise no matter who you are or what you stadium for. My Space lest favorite part is that it has a lot of cussing in it and it has the worst and Morse mysterious cliff hanger at the end I can't wait for number to to come out. I definitely will say that this movie is for teens and not younger people because of what is shows and they might not understand it and it might be to scary for them. The thinning is definitely the best movie I have ever watched.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbhishri4321 July 9, 2017

Serious flick

Good movie. Has a few plot holes which can be ignored. Its a bit serious and doesn't have too much comedy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIzzy342 June 21, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written bylydia dreyer December 15, 2017
Teen, 14 years old Written byCalebAwesome9 September 26, 2017

Very Good Movie

The thing I would worry about for younger viewers is the violence but, aside from that, it has a lot of action and is a great thriller, I would recommend teenagers and adults to watch this movies.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLori R. July 11, 2017
Teen, 16 years old Written byCJYU1012 December 26, 2017
Kid, 9 years old March 1, 2019

but why logan paulllllllllll

Teen, 15 years old Written byILikeMovies1234 February 23, 2019

The Thinning Movie Review

The Thinning is a movie about a time when all grade 1-10 students have to take a test that if they fail, they die. Some iffy content like salty language, scary moments, and partial nudity with not much shown. Ok choice for 13+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStasiaaaaa July 30, 2018

The Thinning is such a good movie even two years later!

I loved this movie! There was not that much sexual stuff and cursing, but there was a lot of violence (beatings, knocked out people, etc.) I thought the whole concept was brilliant, and thought it was executed very well for a thriller type movie. Can’t wait to watch the next one!

Teen, 15 years old Written byTekoavonchill March 30, 2018

Not the best but not the worst.

This is a cheap thrill. It isn't the most pleasent movie, with some very disturbing underlying tones. There are quite a few actions ov violence. Most of which involve beating up teenagers. There are a few implied sex scenes. A lot of kissing. The characters are questionable. The acting is mediocre at best. There is also a lot of language. Especially the S-word. All in all it isn't that great of a movie. There were multiple times where I felt like leaving or changing the movie. But I'm sure if your looking for a simple timewaster for young teenagers and above. This movie is perfect for that.