Parent reviews for The Time Traveler's Wife

Tearjerker is too gloomy for tweens and younger teens.

Adult Written byGina C. March 10, 2018

Amazing, Magical and Beautiful!

Adult Written bywonder dove April 3, 2013

A heartwarming flick for 14+

The time traveler's wife is a very enjoyable story of a man who travels back and forth in time. When he travels, he disappears and leaves his clothes behind, so he appears naked wherever he ends up (not much shown though). He marries the woman of his dreams (Rachel McAdams) who doesn't seem to mind his constant disappearing in the middle of things, including their wedding. They eventually have a child together after several miscarriages and their daughter turns out to be a time traveler too. But even though they are able to go back & forth in time, they can't change anything or anyone, but they can visit their loved ones who have died and sort of relive that moment again. Really cute movie, I wasn't expecting it to be any good. It's also quite sad but in a good way. Language is not too bad, it has several uses of sh*t, son of a b*tch, [email protected], no "f" words. Sexual content has mostly kissing, one heavy make-out scene before sleeping together, laying in bed together, a couple scenes of nudity showing only a man and woman's butt. Violence includes a gunshot that leaves a man bleeding to death, a woman has miscarriages and you see her bleeding more than once. A slap to the face and one quick fist fight scene. There's some drinking towards the beginning. I would definitely recommend teens 14+ see it!

Parent of a 17-year-old Written byhhaahhaa June 13, 2010
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 May 23, 2010

ok

pretty good story
Parent of a 2-year-old Written byAimeePiexx February 13, 2010

OMG

it is a amazing film. it really hits you. EVERYONE SHOULD SEE IT !

Parent of a 10 and 12-year-old Written byMarshalldad December 2, 2009

Real food for thought here

Her miscarried children were treated as tragic; not as an inconvenience.

Adult Written byBoiseNoise November 28, 2009

Thought-provoking for older teens

I really liked this movie (though the book was better!), but concede that it might be boring for younger teens. Older teens with a philosophical bent could find it very thought-provoking. It was indeed dark, and had some disturbing scenes. I was pleased to find a little less "language" than what we are being barraged with in theaters nowadays.
Adult Written byrachel817 November 28, 2009

Parent of a 12 and 15-year-old Written byAunt Sam September 13, 2009

Good novel adaptation- toned down drinking & sex

As an adult, this is one of my favorite books. I wasn't really considering taking my kids to see it, knowing how often sex, drinking & tough situations come up in the story.
But the movie is a good adaptation-- the sex & violence aren't nearly as graphic as they are in the book. The miscarriages are emotionally brutal though, as is (spoiler alert) Henry's death.
Parent of a 12-year-old Written bymoveluver101 September 7, 2009

perfect for most age groups that can tell that it's just a movie and not to do anything in it.

I think it is a great movie and a great book My daughter has read the book adn then i took her to see the movie but the movie in comparson to the book is nothing the book say f--k all the time has descriptive sex and refers to it as f--king so the movie is great for kids over 11 or so unless you want to keep your child hidden from the world whitch isn't a good idea on your part.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written bybigstar August 18, 2009

AWESOME !

I think this is the best movie I have seen in a long time. It realistically deals with the problems a couple with this affliction might actually encounter. Its ending is unpredictable, the story line flows, and it never gets 'bizarre' by being too unbelievable. I came away with the feeling that somewhere out in the world, this could really exist, be possible. Very enjoyable movie. My hat off to Brad Pitt, who produced this movie.
Adult Written byTrinity3 August 17, 2009

AMAZING!!!

I absolutely loved this movie. i saw it last nite and thought it was just fantastic. there is some language, but not much. some nudity, but mainly its jsut when Henry is time traveling. Not good for younger teens, but a must see for older teens and adults. just AMAZING!!!

Adult Written bymeyamo August 17, 2009