Kid reviews for The Time Traveler's Wife

Tearjerker is too gloomy for tweens and younger teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySun Always Shin... June 19, 2021

I'm torn. *spoilers*

Honestly, I don't know what to think of this movie. I've seen this movie three times (why is one of life's mysteries) and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to think. I love a good tragic romance, but here is a movie that I still am debating if it's even good and worthwhile.

The movie stars Eric Bana as the titled time traveler. He jumps throughout time with no real explanation as to how or why and we learn that it's his genetics, I guess. Now here's the part that has me debating: he meets Rachel McAdams at a library and it's an odd first meeting. She recognizes him instantly but he doesn't seem to remember her at all. And then *Wallapoo*! He's in a meadow. He's traveled back in time and is hiding in a bush, completely naked (oh yeah, forgot to mention that his clothes don't travel with him. While this isn't normally an important detail, I just want you to be aware of just how creepy the next few minutes are). And just beyond the bush is Rachel McAdams (I don't remember the names of the characters) as a 6-year-old. That's right. She develops a relationship and later marries the naked man in the woods she met when she was 6 YEARS OLD! I seriously hope I am not the only one who notices that there's so much wrong with that sentence.

Of course, technically due to time he does meet her in the library, but that's not how she met him. She still falls in love with the naked man in the woods. I know it's Eric Bana, but still it's quite...uncomfortable to think about. But whatever. That aside it's a decent drama. I think my criticism comes from that it's /too/ dark and depressing. To those who know me, this might sound strange but a lot of times (there are exceptions) an audience needs to be able to breathe every now and again. You need to balance the heavy drama with lighter moments so that the moments that are meant to hurt hurt more. This resulted in me having a hard time caring for these characters. I'm supposed to care when Eric Bana dies but I don't. The movie doesn't give me much reason to care, especially since I know he can just *wallapoo* and he's back.

Overall it was alright. I've seen much worse romantic dramas but I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone. There's better movies that deserve your time more. It's just a very blah movie with a blah atmosphere. Not bad, but there's really not much that saves it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byxan98 April 24, 2021

such a waste of time-

im usually REALLY into romance movies, and i also enjoy genres like thriller and horror, and this movie was a bit of all of those. the story is great, believe me, but the acting, don't even get me started on the acting. i'll bet and entire 15 whole minutes of individual scenes put together of the main characters literally just staring at each other. everything was hard to follow and a little bit creepy, bc *spoiler* the main character used to go back to when his wife was about 6, and he would basically flirt with her. she met him in one of the earlier scenes, but it still totally beats me why the movie is titled for her...

Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 8, 2020

Not good

This movie sucks

Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan15 August 20, 2014

Romantic tearjerker

The Time Traveler's Wife movie was a cleaner version of the book. There's one sex scene at the beginning, but that's really easy to fast forward. A man is seen naked (nothing graphic) and bleeding. The story is a little sad but it is overall a very romantic and sweet movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatnissthegirlonfire October 28, 2013

Amazing film to watch :)

Amazing movie!!!! Definitely one to watch, it is very good but quite fast paced so you have to really concentrate on it. It is a lovely film and it has a feast of emotions- sad, happy, romantic an so on.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Great Movie!

This movie is a real tearjerker. A surprising Sci-fi fantasy movie with an unexpected twist. Henry unexpectedly travels in time at certain moments such as when he was younger just before his mother was killed in a car accident.

There is some sexual scenes that younger kids may feel uncomfortable about, however there are no signs of nudity. Mild language suitable for kids that won't repeat it. May be a bit too gloomy and boring for kids under 12.

However I feel kids 12 and up will enjoy this movie!

Kid, 0 years old January 29, 2011

not for kids under 13 thats why its pg 13

this movie is crud too inapropiate

Teen, 13 years old Written byjjacobs343 January 22, 2011

Amazing!

I saw this last year, it was a little scary and really sad but an amazing movie, me and friend both loved it!! Wait until you can handle someting as intense as this!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl November 3, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written byjess_a_lou1121 August 19, 2010

Great movie about love and devotion

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 6, 2010
Not suggested for kids under 13

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2010

rly liked this!!

really loved this movie!! some bloody gorey scenes and i think i missed some of the sexuality but iffy for my age mostly but great movie!!! kinda sad tho

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 23, 2010

the time traveler's wife is epic!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 7, 2010
alittle to inappropriate for tweens but for adluts! a perfect movie for me though!!!!!!!

Kid, 7 years old May 13, 2010

love it take kids

i love the movies with rachel mcamdms i saw every movie she was in my favitoe one is the notebook and this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bybarnbumgabs4 May 11, 2010

good for mature tweens

Best movie EVER!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2010

Overall a good movie

It was a good movie, i honestly think that it had a few scenes that had slight gore was there such as, well that would be a spolier, but i suggest you watch it. The most sexual content is when it shows they're rears and when they make out (even though the lady got pregent it didn't show anything)

Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2010

read the book too!

this movie was awesome! one bad scene but not that bad. read the book too!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky February 27, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Good movie, it was sad though. some parts were a little iffy but overall good movie

Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2010

Read The Book First

I read the book and want to see this movie. I think it should be iffy for 14 because (if it follows the book) there is a lot of sex and drugs involved. Also some swearing. Very good book though!! P.S. The rating is for the BOOK! NOT the movie! :)