Kid reviews for The Trial of the Chicago 7

The Trial of the Chicago 7 Poster Image

Incredible

This movie is incredible. It is a mature. BUT, TEENS CAN HANDLE IT. It is very important and relevant. Below I will try to fairly describe whats in the movie. Characters in this movie talk about “public fornication”, although it is comedic. There is a scene where it is implied a women is describing having sex on the phone, also comedic. There is a lot if cursing, the f word is used multiple times. There is one scene in the movie where three guys attack and rip off a womens shirt, but they are stopped. The protests scene are quite violent. Lots of blood. Characters smoke, drink, and reference weed and other drugs.

Aaron Sorkin at his worst

Sorkin's writing tend to fall between two camps, sharp and smug, unfortunately, 'Trial of the Chicago 7' falls into the latter. Direction is poor, performances belong on stage, not screen, whilst not awful, 'Chicago 7' is certainly not any good. Contains frequent strong language and racial themes.

Good movie

Good casting, script and directing.

One of the best court case movies of all time!

This movie was, by all standards, one of the greatest movies of the year, and probably the greatest court case movie ever made! It was very enjoyable with it's pulse-pounding story, and some pretty good humor too (Thanks Sacha Baron Cohen!) It had some pretty strong language though, and a particularly brutal scene where protesters and police get into a huge fight. There's also a LOT of drug content, with people smoking pot and getting stoned (or as they like to say it, Smoking Grass). I would recommend this to anyone who has a love for true crime movies, because for those people, it's a must see!

One of the best films I've seen in a long time

This movie was absolutely amazing! The movie contains a good amount of swearing but nothing that a 13-year-old couldn't already be exposed to. If you are sensitive to violence I wouldn't watch this movie, it has realistic clips from peaceful protests turned riot including no limit on blood and gore. This movie however makes a gigantic impact and is fantastic. The movie is well acted and directed and will make you want to start your own civil rights movement. This is truly one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Teaches about what happend a long time ago

This movie is amazing!I think 14 year old;s could handle this!It teaches about this trial!Best movie i seen in months!Deserves 10 stars!

MUST WATCH

Firstly, I rated it 12+, but it honestly depends on the kid. Mature 11 year olds could handle it. The Trial of the Chicago 7 is one of the best movies I've seen in months. It's made all the more relevant by the 2020 protests. HIGHLY recommend!!!!!! Brilliant screenwriting. Aaron Sorkin never disappoints. The acting!! PHENOMENAL. Eddie Redmayne was especially brilliant. As for apporopriateness, I don't know what everybody's making a big deal out of. There's cursing, but I go to a public school, so it's nothing I haven't heard before. There is talk of drugs, and one of the people is high 90% of the time, but smart kids know that it's not okay. There's no glorification of drug/alchohol use, so I honestly don't think that's a big deal. And if you're worried about your kids thinking it's a good idea (I don't think they will because kids are smarter than you think), just preface the movie by saying that drugs aren't okay. As for violent imagery, there's only a few scenes where there's visible blood, and it's nothing scarring or anything. It's nothing compared to many modern day action movies. There's talk of sex and one scene of implied rape, but nothing's shown, innuendos aren't too often, and the rape is stopped waaaay before anything happens. I don't even know if my sibling caught that that was happening. I think kids'll understand it because it's only quick at the begining, but everything eventually gets explained. All in all, you should watch it. It's great to show your kids to help them understand the type of police violence, tear gas, and other stuff going on right now.

Amazing, and necessary

I think this messages displayed in this movie are necessary not only to understanding the time frame of this movie. But also for developing an understanding current protest.

Amazing film.

This movie teaches you a lot about politics and how the corruption works. Sorkin delivers an incredible film with amazing writing and brilliant performances from Sacha Baron Cohen and Mark Rylance. There is some language and violence but it's nothing to worry about. Must watch!