All teen and kid member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Teen, 15 years old Written byBrybry102 November 18, 2011

Sttrict parents make me MAD.

Wow. You people are so STRICT. I HAVE SEEN WORST. Ugh, let your child live, stop hiding them!!! A some kids wont know what they are doing? all you see is a back and some skin. it shows how REAL LIFE IS.Life isnt about butterflies. it was a amazing movie!
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2011

stayed in line till midnight for it!

Loved it some parts were iffy and kind of disturbing but overall I would see it again its not better than the book and some parts just had too much if you know what I mean. They did a good job on keeping it pg 13 and i think that if you have read the book and know whats coming you will be fine at at least 12 or older.
Teen, 16 years old Written byILOVEHILLYWOOD November 18, 2011

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FILM!!!

This movie is amazing! Edward and Bella do have sex but nothing is really shown apart from legs, arms and shoulders. The birth scene has been done really well. You can see her stomach and legs to start with but then it shows Bella's facial reactions and seeing everything from her point of view so its only slighty gory. From her point of view you see the scalpel go across her stomach but no blood is shown. Edward bites into Bella's fetus but that isn't shown either, except from blood on his face. There are positive messages and good role models. Bella makes her own decisions about certain things and Edward and Bella have sex after marriage.This movie is actually AMAZING and highly recommend it to any Twilight lover aged 16 and up. Younger viewers may might not understand certain things and it might be a bit too much for anyone under 16.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTwilighthebest June 22, 2016

Omg

I watched this when I was only eleven but I'm quite a sophisticated and mature child so my mum didn't see a problem with it. My auntie had read it and suggested it would be a good book for me- I wasn't sure at the beginning of the first book. However by the time I started the films I was expecting a lot!! I would suggest this to anyone and everyone OVER twelve or VERY sensible as there is quite a lot of gore.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2014

Must be Mature

This is a really good movie although your child might not understand it if he/she is not mature enough especially because Bella and Edward have sex. Most children under 12 won't understand that. This is not the most violent Twilight movie, but the scene where Bella is giving birth is very gory and may be disturbing to some audiences!
Kid, 9 years old November 20, 2011

Conditionaly

This movie should be appropriot for kids only if parents are okay with it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHiggsBoson7 May 27, 2015

Why is this not rated R?

Well, this is movie has a lot of drama and Sex. Bella is constantly begging Edward to "try" and he only gives in in the two breaking dawn movies. Although you don't see inappropriate parts you do know they are naked due too bare backs, arms and legs. There is panting due to sex implication and Edward breaks a headboard. They also kiss at the waterfall. Bella also has a dream about her and Edward getting it on. Also Bella wears lingerie and they do show a box of tampons. The baby birth scene was dramatic and gross. Bella looks anorexic and there is a lot of BLOOD. WARNING WARNING DO NOT LET ANY CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 15 WATCH THIS.
Teen, 15 years old Written byewhitlock November 22, 2011

Depressing

Here's the thing: it wasn't even bad enough to be entertaining. It was rather disturbing, and I hid under my coat for the entire second half. The birth scene is REVOLTING. Also, the whole thing left me with a disgust for modern pop culture. Why does ANYONE like this stuff? The whole story line is ridiculous, the characters are undeveloped, and the acting is mediocre.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykris_10 November 20, 2011

Too much

Totally bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamille Engelson August 8, 2016

Breaking Dawn Movie Review

A sex scene, but nothing to graphic. The same level of violence as the other movies. Nothing unexpected if you have read the books. drugs and alcohol aren't really involved. Language is not extreme. A good movie for anyone who is right for the books and previous movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarleyquenten September 18, 2014

eh

people under 14 should not watch this. there are several scenes where edward and bella have sex. bella goes through a full pregnancy in a month and a half. and the scene where she gives birth is quite grafic and inappropriate, but the movie does have some positive roll models.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjessy12345 November 18, 2011

get a "real" life

it was not that bad! my mom talked me into going to the midnight premere!!!!! I has sooooooo much funnn!
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2015

Good

These Series of films are brilliant but this particular film is all about sex and I think you should definitely be a teenager to watch this the first film is for 10 and over overall these are all my favourite films and is a really good romance for teenagers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 10, 2015

Good Sequel, lots of Sexuality

Great movie. It is their honeymoon in this one so expect lots of passionate kissing, a bed scene, and bare backs (no nudity). Barely any language other than P#ssed and D#mn. Violence includes wolf attacks, and a graphic bloody baby scene which grossed movie goers (no nudity). Overall fun movie to see with teenagers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaladriel July 9, 2015
This movie overall is great, it is a lot more violent than the other twilight movies. This is because on their honeymoon Bella and Edward have sex a few times before Bella falls pregnant. The sex scenes are quite mild, just bare skin and lots of passionate kissing. Bella wears a some skimpy nightgowns to try and seduce Edward after he says its to dangerous for Bella to have sex with a vampire. The violent part of the movie is when Bella gives birth to a vampire child, it looks like something out of a horror movie. Otherwise it is a great movie!(:
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Very violent, dark, and gory vampire thriller is great and has lots of racy content, language, and a extremely gory pregnancy.

My rating:R for strong bloody violence, strong racy content, and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Great series!

Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2015

Contains moderate sex and strongly disturbing images of childbirth.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySeriouslytholikebrah November 17, 2014

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaat... really though????

DO NOT LET YOUR DAUGHTERS WATCH THIS OR YOU WILL LOSE THEM FOREVER!!! In all seriousness though, this entire collection of bs is designed to brainwash your daughters into thinking that they need a dead man with no goals in life but to make unrealistic love to a person who's pelvis could snap in half if they engage with their dead semen sex activity.
Kid, 10 years old November 13, 2014

Not for kids.

I am 10 myself and I love these sorts of films, you know, gore e.c.t But this was a film that did slightly disturb me. You see Bella grow thinner and skeleton like as her vampire child eats her from inside out. One of the most iffy parts is the sex scene were Edward and Bella have sex. You don't see any parts but there is a lot of kissing. The other iffy part is when the baby has to be taken out of Bella. It is quite graphic and gory (there is ALOT of blood) you do see Bella's stomach being sliced open, but from an angle. This is NOT for kids age 11 and down, except if your child isn't bothered by that kind of thing like me. Hope this helped!