All parent member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2

Adult Written bythemerrykitchen November 16, 2012

too much for this loving mother to handle

Spoiler alert! I have not read the books, so was completely unprepared for the topic of vampire children that showed up in a heart-wrenching manner in the movie! When it shows an illegally-made vampire boy (about age 4) with a bloody mouth and then his mother killed by the Voltori followed by his own destruction (doesn't actually show his head being torn off), I thought I might explode with horror, and have felt ill ever since seeing it. Spoiler alert! The entire battle scene at the end was gripping, to say the least, but then to find out it was all a prophetic vision was pretty lame, in my opinion. Sorry to say.
Educator Written byflower2011 November 16, 2012

This is NOT a Children's Movie!!! But it was epic!!!

For ages 13 and up. Overall, the only language that was found throughout the movie were the h-word, a-word, and d-word, all three being used maybe a total of three times together not each! If you could stand the sex scenes in "Breaking Dawn Part 1" then this will not be a problem. There are flashes of skin for the sex scene, like Bella and Edward kissing passionately, their legs, and some movement.. The most skin you see is Edward shirtless and a side view of one of Bella's breast that is mostly covered up with her arms. There are a few sexual innuendos made after this scene and later on more passionate kissing, but that is about it. There is a huge twist in the movie that will shock you! This is a great mix of love, emotion, and action. In reference to the violence, there is more violence in this movie than the other ones. More heads rolling, fire burning bodies, etc.
Parent Written bytravelmom12345 November 16, 2012

Not for young kids....tweens and over, go for it!

As an adult and Twilight fan, I loved this movie. As a mom of a young child (who has seen the other movies in the series but has specific scenes he does not want to watch- birth in BD1 for example), I think this movie is too violent even in the absence of blood. Not to mention the sexual scenes, even if no genitals shown it is still IMO not for young children.
Educator Written byvictoria129 December 31, 2013

No one under 13...

Great movie but so not for kids under 13! There is a mild of sex scene and the battle scene is intense and very sad.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 29, 2013

Sucks

I hate saying this, but, common sense screwed up...this should be no-no for 14, like just married.
Educator and Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byVampireLips January 2, 2013

It's relatively good! :)

Very voilent for the twilight series, but other than that its pretty good. A small sex scene, and a bit of swearing nothing significant
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMy two cents November 25, 2012

Ok for some kids under 13

I took 10 & 11 year olds who has seen the previous Twilight movies. It really wasn't that bad. Yes, there is violence, but they cut away from the scenes pretty quickly and show very little gore, plus there are many more positive messages and images in this beautiful film. If your child has scene the other Twilights, Lord of the Rings, or other intense movies, s/he should be absolutely fine with this movie, with an adult.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written bymorfin November 25, 2012

Bella empowered, vampires lose their heads en masse...

Firstly, I must admit, I've seen all of the movies with my teenaged son, but I am not a fan. At all. I think this one was probably the best, as Bella is finally a vampire and not some whiny, helpless, stupid human girl. I much prefer her as a cold, bloodless creature. In any case, I had to write the review to try to talk some sense in to parents. I don't care how big a fan you are of the series, please practice some responsible parenting and do not bring your young children to this movie. My sold out movie theater had so many little kids in it, it infuriated me. Are you kidding me?! There are so many heads being (literally) thrown around in the extended battle scene, it shocked me. Just because it's devoid of blood spurting doesn't mean your kids should see decapitations galore. Also, as mentioned in the Common Sense recap, there is a really creepy, bloody, disturbing scene that gives the background information as to why little vampire children cannot exist in their world. NO kid under 13 should be watching that.
Parent Written byShivom Oza November 21, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012) Review by Shivom Oza – Curtain Call For The ‘Twilight’ Series!

The film is the final instalment of the big-screen adaptations of Stephanie Meyer’s much-talked about Twilight series. This film is based on the novel Breaking Dawn. The second part of a two-part film forms the fifth film in the series The Twilight Saga, and is the conclusion of the 2011 film ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’. Following the birth of Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy), the Cullens bring together other vampire clans to protect their child from a false allegation that pits the family against the mighty Volturi. Having no iota of an idea about what really happens in the popular Twilight series or the preceding films in the franchise, this film will be looked upon in isolation. So, the film does manage to get a first-time viewer on the edge of his/her seat on more than a few occasions. There are, without doubt, quite a few moments of unintentional hilarity in the first-half. Sometimes it’s the inane dialogue, quite often the sheer lack of acting talent found in the lead pair, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. The duo shares a good chemistry (on screen!) with each other but when it comes to the other sequences in the film, Hamming is the apt word. Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob, cuts across as quite a charmer on screen, and his self-deprecating humour, does manage to bring out the guffaws. Michael Sheen (what on Earth is he doing acting in such films?) is of course, brilliant as Aro (one of the Volturi leaders). The film has deviated from the book in the second half (where they pretty much change the entire sequence of events). While it is being assumed that most readers are well aware of the story, to put it in a nutshell, Bella (Kristen Stewart) has been brought back from near-death by Edward (Robert Pattinson) and the couple intend to start afresh following the birth of their daughter, Renesmee. Now, Irina, a member of the Denali coven, informs the Volturi that Renesmee was a human before she was bitten and transformed into a vampire. Irina does this after witnessing just one incident, and makes a false assumption. The Volturi clan is enraged at the Cullens for breaking the vampire law. To prove Renesmee is not an immortal child, the Cullens gather foreign vampire clans, including the Denali, the Amazonian, the Egyptian, the Irish, and Romanian covens, and also European and American nomads, to stand as their witnesses to the Volturi. The film takes quite a big deviation during the second half during the confrontational scene between the Volturi and those protecting Renesmee. Alice Cullen (Ashley Greene) plays a crucial part towards the climactic portions of the film. The end, as we know it, brings peace to the vampire world as well as us, mere mortals. The fans may find this film a bit underwhelming. However, as a first-time viewer, one does not find the film bad at all. Yes, the special effects are horrendous, the comic sequences are sleep-inducting (the rest of the film covers up by bringing up several moments of unintentional laughter). The opening and the closing credits, in particular, are very impressive. The closing credits pack in all the characters from the previous ‘Twilight’ films, backed up with fine music by Carter Burwell. The werewolves are confined to histrionics and luckily, no lines are given to them in this film. The special effects, in totality don’t quite make the cut. Considering, the films have grossed millions of dollars over the last few years, a little more generosity towards visual effects could have done the trick. Director Bill Condon manages to bring in some subtlety in the film, yet the entire saga itself is so marred by eccentricities that it is difficult to make any scene looks ‘serious’. The film is worth a watch, if you’re a fan and have been following the novels/movies or both until now. Even if you haven’t been mildly acquainted with the ‘Twilight’ series, don’t think it may seem a waste of time or money. The second-half more than makes up for the inconsistencies in the first half. While the film franchise was never considered a masterpiece, it has managed to create quite a humungous fan base for itself. Works for most, so there ought to be something ‘acceptable’ about it. The film is not deplorable by any stretch of imagination. Fans may find it a bit underwhelming (as deduced by hearsay). To sum it up, the film is worth a single viewing. Shivom Oza
Parent Written byDan G. November 20, 2012

"Parents Strongly Cautioned" for good reason.

The MPAA's rating should give this one away. Parents are Strongly Cautioned. Don't ignore that. There is harsh violence and gore, parial nudity, and some rough language. If this were a kid's movie, it would be rated as such.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 20, 2012

14 and up.

this final twilight movie The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 is a good movie but could have been better this final twilight movie is best for your older teens that are fans of twilight and parents you need to know that this final twilight movie has a lot of intense violence then the other twilight movies filled with decapitation body's being burn and more there are some some sensuality and partial nudity shown and there's a few mild language used the message in this movie is about fulfilling your personal destiny and the importance of family and friendship and the role models are that Bella finally comes into her own and no longer relies on the Cullens to defend her. Her special defensive skills allow her to shield herself and those she loves from other vampires' offensive tactics. The Cullens are once again exceptionally generous and kind. Charlie Swan is a patient, understanding father who's willing to accept Bella as she is, even though he knows something is really odd about her. Parenthood changes Bella and Edward, who finally have someone other than each other to focus on and protect. Jacob is loyal to a fault.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJenny Annie November 20, 2012

Lots of violence, not for the kids under 13 but good for adults

I took my 12 year old daughter and she had to walk out, the scenes were very violent, although not much blood, it could be quite distressing for young kids. I personally thought it was a great movie, and whilst the violent scenes didn't bother me personally I was too concerned about my daughter to really get into it
Adult Written bysupermomof3 November 17, 2012

Inappropriate For Kids!

I've read all of the books and seen all of the movies, and this one is the best by far. I must say the books are SO much better than the movies! However, I would NEVER allow my children to read the books OR watch the movies because of the violence and the sexual content. I understand and appreciate that "Edward" and "Bella" saved themselves for marriage, but having those scenes in the movies are inappropriate for ANY kid to watch, much less read about it in detail in a book.
Parent Written byJax_Mom November 16, 2012

Rampant Consumerism

The review suggests that consumerism is not a real issue in the Twilight Series. The entire series is full of consumerism, the books AND the movies. There is a focus on wealth accumulation by the Cullen family. There is a consistent mention of the expensive luxury and sports cars that are driven, the homes, the clothes, the jewelry, the gadgets, and exotic travel that the Cullens enjoy. All of the vampires' wealth is juxtaposed with the human's simple belongings, homes, and vehicles. Although I enjoyed the seriesI do not feel the consumerism message is positive, especially the way it ties to the good vs. evil themes in the series, and obvious fact that Bella relies on the Cullens' accumulated wealth & financial means to enjoy those same things. It would however make a good topic for an age-appropriate discussion with your child.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byAmira1976 November 16, 2012

Best Twilight Movie Ever

Although this movie did contain more violence and gore than any of the other parts, I can say with 100% assurance that it was way the best of them all. The actors played better than ever, there were much more jokes and funny elements as well as more excitement too. However, there is a twist in the end, which was quite a bit of a shock for both me and my kids, and which I think parents had better know in advance. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it because in my country the premiere was earlier than in the USA and no-one had written a review about it before we went.:(. And here comes the spoiler or the warning for other parents: before the great battle between the Volturi and the good vampires (the Cullens and the rest, their witnesses) Alice shows the future to Aro. However, when you watch this part in the cinema, you believe that it is reality and actually happening. So when Carlisle decides to fight Aro in close combat, it comes as a shock when Aro wins and shows up Carlisle's torn- off head to the others. After this scene comes the fiercest and most spectacular battle ever and several of our beloved heroes seem to die: Jasper, some of the wolves along with Jane from the Volturi and in the very end: Aro. This is the point when the director lets us realise all those horrible events were to come only if Aro lets them, or rather, unless he prevents them. Of course he doesn't want to die so he makes the right decision,just like in the book. At this moment there was a great uproar in the cinema, the whole audience shouted with relief. However, my son was so shocked that he could hardly help crying and even hours later he was under the effect of it. I wish I had known about this twist earlier, because the book was much more peaceful. As for the sex scenes: I really wouldn't worry. Nothing is shown and Bella and Edward's love is depicted beautifully. The end is cathartic and I truly believe this movie is well worth watching it. Congrats to all the actors and makers for doing so great.