Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 2 parent reviews

Sort by:

Intellectual

This is not for kids. Although its fine for emotially mature teens, it really doesnt have much that is "offensive". One guy smoking crack/meth or whatever.. it never says he is just smoking a drug pipes....it could be pot for all someone naive knows. So many people slam this movie but i think they are missing the point. Its really a portrait of a couple who is experiencing the worst thing parents can go through. I figured the twist out pretty early although most reviews people said they didnt see it coming. (Most famous movie twist i figured out long before so dont think its obvious. It isnt) so i processed the movie with that in mind. But they did a great job giving bread crumbs all while making you second guess everything. There are a couple of holes in the story that bug me. One is sloppy police work but that is something that does happen in real life...sorry but everyone is human and back water police agencies can and do over look stuff we would think is standard proceedure...well actually both holes that drive me nuts goes back to the police. Why didnt they question the big red flag that i couldnt get past?? But other than that i thought this was a great study in what happens to people and relationships when faved with dealing with the worst and most painful thing that can happen? It is thought provoking! Definently a good watch if you like trying to follow the clues and figure out who-donr -it!

Disappointing

Terrible ending, no resolution, audience left wondering WTF happened.