Kid reviews for The Walk

Terrific, heart-pounding, gravity-defying true story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzombieface October 9, 2015

Stunning movie, good for families

This is an amazing movie. Joseph Gordan-Levitt was spectacular in the lead role, maybe even Oscar not worthy. The actual walk is just awesome. You really feel as if you are up on the wire with him, and I can definitely see how some people experienced nausea during this film. There is pretty much no language except for sh*t (said once) and he has a pretty bloody wound but it just shows the blood soaking through his wrappings and shoe. There is one kiss but that's about it for romantic stuff.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDerp_cookie October 11, 2015

A masterpiece in movie making

Finally, a movie that's is actually really enjoyable and perfectly appropriate for tweens. A young teen named Petit has always dreamed of walking tightrope and one day he he pushes the envelope. He wants to walk across a line between two buildings. I won't spoil anymore for you and the only thing to worry about here is when he steps on a nail with blood shown and he says bad language a bit (nothing worse than s--t). So anyone 11 or up should really see this film. It's really good!

Kid, 9 years old February 20, 2016

Impossible

This is probably one of the hardest thins in the world but really good

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 October 9, 2015

The best cinema experience so far.

The Walk may not be one of the best films of the year, but it may actually be at the bottom list. The Walk is well acted from Joseph Gordon Levitt (Inception), Ben Kingsley (Gandhi) and Charlotte Le Bon (The Hundred Foot Journey), the visual effects/CGI were stunning and the last few minutes of the film had me in the edge of my seat. Oh man. This is officially my favourite 3D movie of the year. Not only it has amazing depth, but it also has some fun protrusions. Sadly, this will not have attract a large crowd since seven people,including me, were in one of the biggest rooms in the theater. Grade: A.

Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2016

Okay

This was pretty good only I have a few complaints. They kiss three times in the movie. Also I wasn't scared but, I watched this with three friends and two of them said it was scary at some points.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPipeCine December 17, 2015

What Are You Willing to Do to Achieve Your Dream?

Robert Zemeckis came back, in the tight rope . This original film shows us the exploits in the life of young Philippe Petit to comply his dream: to walk the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. "The Walk" was developed in a manner to which the public is not accustomed (Joseph Gordon-Levitt narrates his story). The brightest of the film is its history,The cast is very accurate for this movie, Joseph G., Charlotte Le Bon and Ben Kingsley give us intimate characters. "The Walk" is not a simple movie of adventure, It's a movie about friendship, love, passion and the dreams.The mixture of languages is fantastic and sophisticated. The soundtrack is acceptable, its theatrical release in IMAX and 3D is wonderful, the vertigo never stops. The special effects are executed perfectly giving a classy touch. "The Walk" is entertaining, interesting , daring , shocking , it is beautiful but something is missing to be a memorable film.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodygumdrops October 23, 2015

Breathtaking

This is just an amazing movie.

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2016

this movie is amazing it is full of adventure.

Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2016

Cheesy, unnecessary morals and positive messages crammed into the plot whenever possible combined with the lead's phony French accent render this failure of a documentary not worth the time

This movie definitely had the potential to be a great depiction of the famous true story, but this potential was stamped out by multiple mishaps. First of all (as said in the review title) cheesy, unnecessary morals and positive messages are crammed into the plot whenever possible, and end up destroying most of the atmosphere of excitement. For example, the phrases "follow your dreams" and "don't give up"--while they're both good morals--are repeated endlessly throughout. How about only using them once, or getting them across through the story instead of poorly written verbal dialogue? Second of all comes the lead character's phony French accent--I find it hard to fathom that they'd cast an American to play the lead. And finally comes the broken interactions between main characters. I, personally, think they stretch the suspension of disbelief a little too far--for instance, characters don't hesitate to join the main character even after being wronged by him multiple times. Overall, TheProBros thinks that The Walk--due to poor casting and screenwriting--deserves two out of five stars, and that due to some suspense and language (i.e. an instance of "s--t") it deserves a 10+ age rating.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLindsey T January 8, 2017

Beautiful film

This movie was spectacular. Beautiful filming and great messages. The main character is an innovative and friendly role model. Perfect for a family movie night. The reason I put it at 12+ was because anybody below twelve might get bored. There are some minor swear words, and the main character really takes you deep into his emotions, which may be scary at sometimes. But overall, I loved this movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrigidArmbrust October 13, 2018