All teen and kid member reviews for The War of the Worlds (1953)

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 3, 2010

the newer one is much better

I watched this movie a few days ago and i was really dissapointed. The special effects where really really lame and you could actually see the alien spaceships being held up by strings! So lame! And what the heck common sense ON for age 14! and off for ages 1-12! There's barley anything in that movie! It was really really lame!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
Probably was great back in the 50's, but by today's standards this movie is too dull and campy to be suspenseful. Recommended for fans of science fiction classics only. As for content, there is some violence but nothing at all extreme. Good for kids 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2012

Good for 8 year olds

I think this movie has a lot of peril, but there are no graphic images. also they have good role models because they dont give up no matter what
Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2013

A Sci Fi Classic

I'm making the words in caps so people will see them.DON'T LISTEN TO THE KIDS! DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! DO NOT! THEY COMPLAIN THE SPECIAL EFFECTS ARE BAD, BUT IT WAS MADE IN 1953! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!? THEY DIDN'T HAVE GOOD SPECIAL EFFECTS IN 1953! THE REASON YOU COULD SEE THE STRINGS IS BECAUSE THE COLOR WAS REMASTERED! YOU COULDN'T SEE THE STRINGS IN THE ORIGINAL VERSION! Anyway, I'm amazed CSM gave this an on for 14. The only grisly part was when it showed this guy burning, and it wasn't graphic at all.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

what the heck common sense?

14+?! i saw this movie when i was 5 years old. and did it scare me 1 bit? no. it is NOT that violent!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueBen1111 February 23, 2016

Know your child...

Although now I enjoy watching this movie, when I was younger, I had bad dreams for months just from watching this movie. Before you let your child watch this, think about whether or not he/she will get scared and just how scared he/she will get.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytornadowatcher1234 June 9, 2014

no no maybe 40 years ago but not today thay remade it in 1988 it got batter

it no
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2013

Amazing invasion with special effects almost as good as what you see today

The movie is fast paced, action packed, and awesome. The aliens destroy basically every thing and the death toll is in the millions. Hurray for the flu which saved the world.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 8, 2009
It's way more fun and much more intelligent than Spielberg's version.
Teen, 13 years old Written byquibble October 14, 2009
an excellent story with great special effects for its time some may fine it boring or outdated but its got a great campy supenseful fell to it