Kid reviews for The War with Grandpa

The War with Grandpa Poster Image

The older kids in this movie are so disrespectful to their parents and grandparents. If my children spoke to their grandparents the way the kid in the movie did I would be so ashamed. I suggest you skip this movie as it teaches your children to be completely disrespectful of elders.

So funny

IT is a great family movie there is no fighting violnce just some funny pranks. it is a great comedy movie for the kids and adults.

Terrible and violent

Terrible movie and there was a lot of violence and sexy stuff along with language too. Just a terrible comedy movie I can’t believe I have to give it a 1 star. In My Opinion the age limit should be 13+ not 8+ at all.

Me and my grampa LOVED IT

I watched before him and i liked so much that I wanted him to watch it. He loved it also. it doesn't make fun of old people till the point of it being disrespectful. There are bad words in lyrics and hell is written on school property(as in the place). ass is used and of coarse hell and a few others. Slapstick violence is a big part of this movie. There is a dodge ball scene were a ball gets more notably thrown ad someones "nuts" and face. After the battle a kids said his fingers dont work and grampa says "I have one finger that still works". Also one of the grampas friends asks if theres a bar at the trampoline park. A boy and a girl get interrupted while making out. For the most part this movie is appropriate for all ages but I suggest your child should be 8-10 to fully enjoy this movie.

A fun movie for the fam

The movie is a surprisingly good, family appropriate movie!! Especially considering Robert DeNiro’s recent portrayal in Dirty Grandpa.... It’s a fun movie, with good messages hidden in there. There are some adult jokes that younger kids wouldn’t understand, so it’s safe for kids to watch, but more mature kids will have a little giggle and it’s fine. It’s completely safe for kids to watch, and it definitely shows some good examples in life. At first it doesn't seem like a good role model at first, but later on it teaches you how to behave, so a good show for little kids. There are lessons that young children can take away from this, tweens, teenagers, and even adults, specifically with kids of their own. It’s overall a really fun family movie with deep meaning, and funny jokes. There is only a bit of disturbing almost violent moments but it’s just a bit scary. It also includes a slight bit of language but nothing worse than “crap”.

It was okay

A bit strange, quite funny, but basically suitable for children. Nothing worse than showing a teenager with her boyfriend and the war theme.

Great For Family Movie Night!

What a great movie! Watched it with my family and we all got some great laughs and chuckles. *SPOILER ALERT* As for kissing or anything like that, very small bit but not serious. The teenager of the family invited a boy over for a study date. As soon as the mom walked in the room, they hurriedly stood up. Kissing wasn't shown. Some thing happened another time but nothing was shown. As the group of old men are walking in the park, joggers (women) pass them by and they turn around to look at them more saying how much they admire the yoga pants. Little awkward, little funny. The grandpa of the family was shown in front of the bathroom mirror shaving. He had a towel wrapped around his waist. The father of the family came into the bathroom and it resulted in the grandpa being startled and releasing his grip on the towel. The shot captured the towel hitting the ground but nothing else besides the grandpa's and the dad's startled faces. Another incident happened where the grandpa fell off the roof but managed to get a grip on the gutter. Because of the gravitational force from the fall, the grandpa's pants fell down. Again, nothing was shown except for a quick shot of the grandpa in his underwear from behind. (Very quick shot though) One of the kids in the movie heard someone say "booby traps" and didn't fail to ask, "Did someone say boobies?" It may fly over younger kid's head or it may stick. It really just depends on the person watching it. A few words were mentioned such as: a**, sucks, and another one I forgot haha. It wasn't too bad though. At the end of the dodge ball tournament, the grandpa made a comment something like, "I know one finger I'd like to use." It caught a laugh for my family. Depending on your humor it may or may not for you. A bully does play a role in the movie which may trigger some kids. It was honestly a cheesy bully. He ended up getting what you say, "What goes around comes around." Overall, this movie is a must-see for the whole family. Great, positive messages. Thank you for reading! God bless!

It was so good I purchased it!

Amazing! I am so happy that own it forever. It does have a lot of violence it is not too much violence but it does have some. It has some great messages when the war is over. Would recommend for kids 10+. It is currently 14.99 witch is not bad.

Pg like comedy

The plot is very silly, “a kid and his garndpa fighting over a room.” I think a lot of good Actors were wasted in this movie. I did’t like what they did with the boyfriend (Russell) the sister was also making out with him off screen. Witch is really bad for a little kid to see that, because what If they try to do that to a friend or a family member?! There are ok acting, they doge ball sense was out of nowhere, and the boyfriend too. This movie should be for 10 years old because the making out, and the Violence Towards the poor poor Grandpa.

Hilarious we laughed the whole way through

Awesome movie definitely a great choice for family’s a little bit of swearing on the mild side though words like hell and wise @## where used occasionally but other than that great choice so let’s bring it down sexy stuff 0/10 language 2/10 drinking and stuff 1/10 and violence 2/10 (slapstick comedy violence) overall great movie I would highly recommend watching it