Parent reviews for The Waterboy

Crude, dumb, predictable Adam Sandler comedy.

Wondering if The Waterboy is OK for your kids?

Adult Written byPurpleninja July 27, 2020

Hilarious movie!

This movie didn't contain anything that is to much for a 10 year old.

Adult Written byTheMovieAdvisor May 20, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST ADAM SANDLER MOVIES

This is one of the best Adam Sandler movies of all time it is great for all ages younger kids the jokes will fly over their heads and older kids the language is probably better than what they say and hear at school great actors common sense really underrated this movie.
Parent of a 10-year-old Written byErin P. December 21, 2019

Ugh.

Cliché after cliché and bad jokes are all this movie is about. Just awful - I wish I had that time back.
Adult Written byJosh Turner October 16, 2019

FUNNY AND A BIT INAPPROPIATE

Some Inuendo and langauge and violence, but this movie is not as terrible as commonsensemedia says, which sometimes, they really just don't have common sense. This movie is one of the funniest Adam Sandler movies that I have watched.
Adult Written byPres August 4, 2019

Crude, Stupid Sex jokes, Same Adam Sandler - dull and boring and old

Just when we think Adam Sandler is actually talented.....he's not. Same old movie we have seen one rand over with Adam Sandler using women and making jokes about their bodies. Nothing redeeming in the movie. Hopefully someday Adam will grow up.

Written byAnonymous November 22, 2018

The butt review

Another good Adam sander comedy. The movie has got some funny action and some rude humor and rude language with d*ck,sh*t, retard,f*ck and the movie has some drinking.
Parent Written byknuckleheadmom July 14, 2018

An Insulting “Comedy”

The problem with so many comedies is that you can’t find a good one without frequent obscenities. But this is typical of Adam Sandler, I guess for shock value. Way too many sexual references, crudeness, cussing and things to have to fast forward thru. The worst part is that it makes fun of people with special needs. That is the base of the movie. So insulting. That alone should be enough to never watch this movie.

Adult Written byAndrew V. January 21, 2018

Good meaning and comedy

I dont get why people are hating on this movie, it has a good meaning and good comedy, the only thing i would agree on is there is too much profanity.

Adult Written byLowe's man May 30, 2017

Nothing that teens haven't already seen.

This movie really puts the main character's mother in a bad light, and for good reason. She doesn't think that her son can handle relationships or be independent. Nothing can be further from the truth. He overcomes adversity in the process. That says something good all by itself. This movie is mildly suggestive, and there is some swearing, but it's no worse and no stronger than anything teens have already seen. As for only teens liking it, I have something to add. I saw this movie as an adult when it first came out, and I liked it. That's because I have Asperger's syndrome. Adults with disabilities and/or challenges may like this movie too. Not great, but average and redeeming.
Parent of a 10 and 11-year-old Written byBleep bleep August 18, 2014

It was ok

This comedy is fine for 10 and up. Had some good laughs that my kids enjoyed. There was some swearing and name calling that some parents might not like.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 28, 2012

Great movie!

This movie was awesome! It had great voice acting and a great plot!
Adult Written byGoodreviewer January 24, 2010

Not for younger viewers

Great movie but the language is terrible. There are most differently several words I wouldn't want my kids hearing.

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Waste of Film

'How to be a bully' given to teenagers is a bad idea. This movie is funny if you have already graduated from jr. high