Kid reviews for The Waterboy

Crude, dumb, predictable Adam Sandler comedy.

Wondering if The Waterboy is OK for your kids?

Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2010
pretty funny,pretty dumb and pretty PG-13.

Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2009

Great movie exept...

When you get to the "What mama don't know dont hurt her" is where it gets inapropriate but from there on it is hilarios
Teen, 15 years old Written byprestoburritoe October 28, 2020

The best adam sandler movie

it is very funny, although some of the humor is kind of too much for little kids. Lots of cursing, but not too much to make you turn of the movie. The language is spread out, so its not like they curse a ton at the same moment. There is the f word though so beware. The violence is not that extreme. Mostly football tackling, but at some point a girl puts a knife on a dudes neck and threatens to chop his head off. But of course she doesn't because she is stopped. some drugs . Just smoking and beer, nothing illegal. But one dude refrences to crack, but no one does it. There is sexual talk, but not a whole ton. Just skip this one part when a girl takes off her bra. You'll know before it happens, so just stay cautious for that. Most of the jokes aren't even that innapropiate though so relax. Put the little kids to bed but tweens and teens are totally fine.

Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2020

really funny

I think that Waterboy is a really funny movie and is good for 13 and up it does have some crude humour but not much I think teens can handle it
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2020

I saw it when I was 8

Not bad at all, just language. Some sexual themes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPigeon765 April 29, 2020

Very funny and enjoyably stupid

This is a very funny movie that is a good kind of stupid. I don’t at all understand all the hate it gets and I really recommend watching it.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2019

One of the Funniest Ever

What is up with these hate comments? This is one of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen! It’s legit Adam Sandler...it’s great. As I watched it I laughed every minute, however the only reason I put four stars instead of five is because it got excessively inappropriate at times. Not verbally, but the content you see. It doesn’t ruin the whole experience but does make an impact. The amount of sexual scenes can’t be counted, there was just too many, however, if there were the same amount of those scenes but less explicit, it would be definitely be my VERY favorite. But, still watch it! You will laugh till the very end and it is essential to hear Bobby say, “My mamma said this and that.” Duh, Adam Sandler! ;)

Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2019

Super funny

It is an amazingly funny movie that everybody would like but there are some inappropriate parts

Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob Hetfield April 17, 2019
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2019

Great movie

I watched this movie for the first time when I was eight witch I think was the right age possibly younger if you know the scenes will just go over their head or they're mature enough.Most of the so called "inappropriate "scenes either flew over my head or I didn't care.chances are your kid knows and hears more than they let you know of.there is no reason for kids not to watch this it is cute and funny movie that I can watch over and over again.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDeclan1700 January 13, 2018
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2017

WHY DID I WATCH THIS CRAP

I watched this film about a year ago because my parents love Adam Sandler. I said yes and as the movie went on, me and my parents started regreting it. There is language hear and there, plus not a single positive message. Also, there is an extended scene were one female character strips right in front of the main character and they kiss. My parents and I said we all haited it but it was SLIGHTLY hilarious at parts (that's why I didn't give it 1 star). And seriously, If your kids arn't 14+ DON'T SHOW THEM IT

Teen, 14 years old Written byJ-Train August 8, 2017

Pretty Stupid

This comedy is completely predictable and misses on a lot of the jokes. The only joke I compltely lost it on is the Colonel Sanders line. If your teens a football fan show them Remember the Titans. And not this. As far as inappropiate content... Violence 2/5: Non Bloody Football Violence

Sex 2/5: One character shows Bobby her chest (not shown), Reference to threesomes.

Language 3/5: Typical over the top Adam Sandler language. The F word is used.

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 (This movie is no doubt PG-13. It's not close to being R or PG. )

Teen, 16 years old Written by1234567890reviews July 30, 2017

Pretty awful but a very few laughs

Iffy for 13+
My rating:PG-13 for crude humor, sexual content, languages and some drug references

Teen, 16 years old Written byAdvice boy July 15, 2017

Pretty dumb Sandler football flick has typical humor

Iffy for 13+
Teen, 16 years old Written byCharlie the movie gu June 16, 2017

Dumb Sandler comedy has corny humor

My rating: PG-13 for crude sexual humor and some violence

Teen, 16 years old Written byTyTy the movie guy June 2, 2017

This is no Happy Gilmore.

My rating: PG-13 for crude humor and sexual references

Teen, 14 years old Written bystellathedon July 17, 2016

Great Movie

Movie is hilarious though contains a few bad words which children under 13 may not know
Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2016

Adam Sandler again

This is a classic adam sandler. IF your child has seen, or can handle this, then the movie is fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAge appropriate guid August 22, 2015