All parent member reviews for The Wild Thornberrys Movie

Educator and Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byDreaEstrada March 17, 2015

Pretty Good

My visually disabled 2 year old loves this movie. He ,obviously, had a hard time visuall , But something about this movie... it is his favorite.
Parent Written byTheFunkyMama July 22, 2011

Conservative parent review with DVD minutes to skip for younger children!

First off, I am a very conservative mom when it comes to what my children may view or hear. We have no TV at all, and I block all ads on my computer. My children only see what my husband & I approve and screen prior to their viewing. This is a fun movie, loads of educational topics about how to take care of animals and the Earth. I enjoyed watching it. There is a scene where a rhino is shot (you only see the aftereffect, no gun or gunshot, just a rhino appears that has been shot), I let my children (3 1/2 and 5 1/2 see this because medical help arrives and immediately it becomes clear that the rhino is being taken care of and will live). Here are the DVD minutes that I did not allow my children to watch: 55-103, 106-107, 108-112. These are the violent scenes (explosives going off, poacher dropping Eliza into a waterfall etc) that other reviewers have mentioned. My kids really enjoyed watching this movie, albeit edited for their age group. My husband & I watched it with them. I didn't feel too much of a need to address the religious significance of a shaman, as kids this age are all about magic and the wonderful magic world we live in. The shaman did not even make an impact on them. They just thought it was so cool that Eliza could talk to animals!