Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Wild

Unoriginal, sometimes scary animated animal movie for kids.

Adult Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008

No so good for the little ones

We actually had to leave the movie theater because my 4 year old was very frightened by the Willabeasts. She is normally not a scaredy cat but the part in the volcano was WAY to drawn out and very eerie. I was very disappointed. I did give it one star for animation but the rest of the movie was bad.
Adult Written byb1mb03 April 9, 2008

we waqlked out

my kids, age 11 and 8, both wanted to leave this film in the middle of it. It was very uncomfortabale for them to sit thru. I do not recommned this film for anycild under the age of 13. Do not waste your money.
Adult Written byimlvoss April 9, 2008

dumb and dumber

my kids hated this movie and so did we. The jokes aren't funny, the wildebeasts are terrifying (even our 7 year old ended up crying). We rented this since we'd never heard much about it - but it was one of few "G" movies at the movie store we hadn't seen. Liket he review says, skip it and watch Madagascar again. Or ANYTHING ELSE!
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

BORING!

I think this movie is just dumb. I was just really bored! The story is about penguins skating on ice. This movie is pretty dang dumb.

Educational Value
Adult Written by2LittleMissys April 9, 2008

Not Worth It

Pros: The animation was spectacular, there were maybe 6 funny moments. Cons: Copied plot (Madagascar), very frightening imagery, animals were constantly wacking each other on the head/face. Lack of humor. My biggest surprise was to see that it took four screenwriters to construct this horribly boring, poorly written script. We took our 4 and 7 yr old girls and couldn't wait until it was over. The antagonist creatures are scary and while the animation was great, it just lacked cute moments and fun dance sequences that Madagascar included. Not even worth renting.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015

A rip-off of Madagascar, but not the worst

It tries to be good but is too unoriginal. Madagascar was much better. However, there were a few decent moments in this. Overall: 3.5/10

Parent of a 5 year old Written byinesdeportugal November 2, 2012

Waste of time

Violent. A waste of time.

Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

Not the original

This movie is not original and is not that funny because of that reason. It's just a Madagascar clone.
Adult Written byjfamily8 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysandywabbit April 9, 2008

THE ONLY PROB...

THE ONLY PROB W/ THIS MOVIE IS ITS A TOTALLY COPY OF MADAGASCAR!BOTH MOVIES ARE ABOUT ANIMALS EXCAPING FROM NEW YORK ZOO STARRING THE SAME KIND OF ANIMALS!
Adult Written byWillTheGamerTV ... April 19, 2018

This movie is okay. A bit violent and unoriginal however.

This movie is alright. A few violent moments and is unoriginal but is a really good animation and has an interesting plot. It may be a copy to Madagascar, but the animation were fantastic, and has a new mystery.