All teen and kid member reviews for The Wizard of Oz

Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2009

The Best Family Film Ever Made

The movie teaches alot about finding your way home and its goodn to have people help you.This movie is one of the best moovies and family film ever produced.May this movie shall never be forgotten.. The Wizard Of Oz.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybwayboy January 20, 2011

A timeless classic: one of the best ever made

This is my absolute favorite movie and has been since I was 2. My babysitter showed me it when I was 2 and I loved it. It's so imaginative and fun everyone will love it for ever more. It is one the best films ever made and nothing can compare. With great music and design it still will amaze today's audience. The scariness isn't that bad. Even when I was two I never was afraid of the Witch or monkeys (Just the MGM lion in the beginning). Watch this movie you'll love it
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2016

Scary

I am scared to death of the wicked witch of the west and the flying monkeys whatever you do dont watch it its not worth your time
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinston2470 November 23, 2013

Classic

A classic great family movie. The wicked witch is kind of scary for little kids. Overall so great!
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Better than Mary Poppins.

One of the best musicals I have ever seen.
Kid, 8 years old June 17, 2015

Best family movie ever has some mild violence.

My rating:PG for some action, and peril.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffy Rules February 28, 2016

Review #14 - Somewhere over the rainbow... My favourite film of all time.

STUDIO: MGM (film rights owned by Warner Bros.) | RATING: G Please note, I refuse to acknowledge the PG rating that was given to the 2013 3D re-release. It honestly has nothing more than the G rating for the film. The Motion Picture Association of America has made the most questionable decisions sometimes. Like the fact that animated films today getting PG --- you know, like DreamWorks Animation and most animated Disney or Pixar films --- should just be G. And that The King's Speech, just because of one swearing sequence, should not be R. Anyway, now that I've got that aside, I would like to say I think this film is flawless. I read the book but this is better. The wonderful singing by Judy Garland and her co-stars remains resonant today, with Garland seeming mature beyond her years. That and the film is particularly timeless. It's a great mix of comedy, drama, fantasy and more, in which film fans who aren't too sensitive could watch it. Buddy Ebsen was originally considered for Tin Man but had an allergic reaction to the make-up, because Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) back in 1939 were insensitive toward it. Unfortunately, MGM's big-studio status is no more, as they resort to co-distributing, being a studio on the level of Lionsgate (a mini-major that made the Hunger Games). ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PARENTAL GUIDANCE SECTION: Parents will remember that the opening tornado can be a bit scary, as in we see a woman on a bike with her face turning into a witch and a few other things. Dorothy runs through the house in panic, but when she opens that door, it turns into colour. A woman's feet are shown sticking out of the bottom of a house, no blood or gore. One witch sets a lion's tail on fire. One of the witches is melted with water. Overall a very tame film. However, the flying monkeys, the projection of the green face and the witch's laugh and appearance may scare sensitive children. But the witch is portrayed by an actually very nice actress, Margaret Hamilton, who read the story to her kids. There's no language, sex, nudity, drugs or adult themes of any kind. Dorothy, Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion and The Scarecrow are incredibly resilient. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There's a reason why it's one of the best family films of all time --- no, wait, the best film of all time. Watch, love and thankyou for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned February 1, 2016

Wizard of Oz

It's cute and good for families. I like it. Though when I found out that Judy Garland did some not so good things later in her life it kinda ruined the movie a bit. Also did anyone know that the guy who played the Wizard of Oz was Agatha Christie's uncle.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 6, 2014

Awesome!

"The Wizard Of Oz" is a fun and magical classic. There's nothing to worry about, really, except that the Winkies and flying monkeys might scare the youngest children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez December 31, 2013

The magical land of Oz

The movie is the first musical I ever saw and the musical I will always remember. The first song you hear is Somewhere Over The Rainbow and it blows you away. Oz has always fascinated me ever since I saw the Wizard Of Oz. Now several other movies and musicals have come out about Oz, like Oz the Great and Powerful, Wicked, and Muppets return to Oz. The movie is about Dorothy Gale and how she runs away with her dog Toto to the land of Oz. The movie never gets old. It really is magical to watch. It has good messages like never run away, and you'll always find your way home in the end. It is really scary though. I'm 13 and that wicked witch still scares me. The way she laughs, her shadow, and her green skin, it just scares me so be warned that your kid will probably freak out seeing the wicked witch. The Wizard of Oz is magical even after 70 years.
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2013

Great classic movie for anyone to enjoy!

I think this is a terrific movie. It is a classic so it is great, quality wise. Some younger kids like toddlers might get scared when the tornado happens, but when it turns colourful, they'll like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTearBear September 19, 2013

;)

I love it!! Perfect for anyone of any age.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe August 25, 2013

Amazing classic

I think this is the best movie from the sepia/black and white days. Lots of the characters and quotes are influential to other filmmaker. Even I would reference this movie. That's why my username is "moviewannabe". I'll never forget when I saw this for the first time back in the 8th grade and later in October 2010.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze March 29, 2012

Classic Family Fun

One of the greatest family films of all time. The flying monkeys might be a little scary for children under four, but other than that, the movie is harmless. Dorothy is your typical damsel in distress at some points, other times she proves her courage and worth. All the characters overcome problems and personal obstacles throughout the film. (Personally, I think the Munchkins are a little annoying...):D
Kid, 9 years old March 26, 2016

After all those years, this movie is still the top classic.

Even though there is scary moments for 5 and below it always turns out magical.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycarolineb4242 September 20, 2013

Must See

Ok first of all it doesn't matter if you are a boy or girl old or young. You need to watch this movie. It is amazing and inspirational. It has many messages, and hidden meanings that you will love to talk about.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2012

Good Family movie

This movie is a perfect family movie. Although the wicked witch will scare litttle kids. Many of the special effects are outdated. This movie won six academy awards and became the 2nd technicolor musical of the time.
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2011

SWEET MOVIE

LOVE THIS MOVIE ALSO CUTE
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 12, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviemachine August 6, 2016

The wizard of oz

A classic movie starring Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, Billie Burke and Margaret Hamilton is about a girl called Dorothy that gets swept away by a tornado to a magical place and her journey trying to get to a great wizard that will help her get home. This is my spoiler free review of this must see film. Positive messages. To be nice to people and they will be nice back. Help people in need. Keep your friends and family close. Never give up on your dreams. Violence and Gore. A woman try's to get a dog put down. A window hits the back of a girls head and she gets knocked out. A house kills a woman and her dead legs are shown ( no blood). A (alive) tree hits a girl and hit a (alive) scarecrow hard with an apple. A woman try's to burn a scarecrow. A lion threats to fight and punch some characters and a girl hit him then he crys. A woman try's to poison the main characters. A woman tells a character to throw a dog in the river and drown it. A character gets killed and screams can be heard. Scariness. A big storm might frighten younger viewers. The witch of the west is scary and might scar little ones. A tree with a face jumps out. A group of characters go in to some dark woods and lion jumps out. There are some scary looking characters. The wizard has a scary face and a very deep voice which may scar children. Some owls with glowing eyes can be seen. Flying monkeys attack the main characters and screams can be heard. The witch jumps out time to time (little jump scars). Sex and Nudity. None. Language. Very mild ( ugly, wicked, old, failure, peewee, coward, sissy, curse it, junk, fool, drat, awful, mangy, brat and humbug). Consumerism. None. Drinking, drugs and smoking. The witch casts a spell on Dorothy that makes her fall asleep but nothing is to say it was a drug. That's my reviews. This movie is great for any age but if your over 6 then you may understand it more. Thank you for reading and hope you have a great movie night.