Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex

Dueling personalities clash in likable series follow-up.

Adult Written byCarla Pontifex B. March 30, 2018

I loved this movie!

With the exception of the hot and muscular Italian stud in the white tank top (who seems to bring out some degree of sexuality in Theresa Russo), the movie is safe to watch. It's fun, entertaining and humorous as the TV show. So go ahead and let your kids watch it.
Adult Written byAsian95 March 30, 2013

A mediocre story, but a must watch for long time fans

It's a must watch for long time fans of the show, it offers a good closure. However, if you're not a fan or if you haven't seen the show before, it's not recommended. David Henrie wasn't in the movie, so that was one of the major disappointments, however the story itself isn't that bad. The lesson that it teaches is surprising, as Alex was never the best Disney role-model, but she is the most relatable. It's a nice story of liking yourself for who you are, rather than who others want you to be. The best part of the movie would have to be the action sequence, it's surprisingly very different than what we've got in the past. The spells resemble something from Harry Potter (admittedly on a much lower budget scale), the fighting actually involved hand-to-hand combat, and was actually very well choreographed.