All parent member reviews for The Young Victoria

Parent of an infant and 8 year old Written bySteffauri516 February 24, 2011

Splendid film, for older children and teens

Loved this movie, opulent, well scripted, and lush. Unfortunately it will have to be off for my children, for the time being. My daughter is 8 and my son is 9 months old. While I loved this movie, there are some things that just aren't appropriate for children as young as mine; there is some swearing, but nothing stronger than h**l or d**n, and there is a scene where a sniper shoots at Victoria and Albert, when he's carried back to the palace there is a quick but noticeable scene of him and his injury (there is blood) The role models are decent, though. Victoria is a strong willed and hopeful person who demonstrates that hard work and perseverance in the face of adversity pay off in the end. I would rate this movie on for ages 11-12 and up.
Educator and Parent Written byskylar9333 October 27, 2011

Good Family Period Piece

Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written by4BoysMomma February 12, 2011

one of my favorites, but my kids haven't seen it

I LOVE this movie! But...it's not really something that would even interest young children.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byCherryMom December 13, 2010

A Good Beginning for a Study of this Period of History, Particularly Politics

I really enjoyed it for myself. It had a few mild swear words that are not allowed in my home and a sexual reference between them after they are married. It showed Victoria trying to do what is right with the power entrusted to her and making her marriage work. The political machinations at the beginning are fascinating and a nice beginning for an in depth study of Britain political system.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 2, 2010

I want to view this movie so very badly. I am in love with historical movies and Queen Victoria was such a strong statement in history!
Adult Written bygardenarian March 4, 2010

My 10 year old daughter loved this movie. We have studied Queen Victoria, read Victorian novels, and visit the Dickens Fair every year. She was entranced by romance between Victoria and Albert.