All parent member reviews for There's Something About Mary

Adult Written bymlb444 June 28, 2009

Funniest Ben Stiller but crude.

Funniest Ben Stller i've seen. But the sexual humor was a bit overboardered.Language to, i saw it when i was 12 and my parents didnt mind but Caution.
Adult Written byClassicCultReviewer June 17, 2009
Adult Written byChris LP April 9, 2008

This was hysterical and has a good teen-movie message

I saw this movie yesterday and I laughed all the way through it and also I liked the relationship between the two main characters (Ted and Mary). The movie sells the message that there is a difference between love and obsession and also it shows that it is good to know somebody before dating them. I give this movie an "ON" rating for it's good message and also must stress the fact that this is a romantic comedy for persons age 15 and older because of it's moderate sexual humor and strong language that consists of 40 uses of "f**k", 27 uses of "s**t", 9 uses of slang for a penis such as "dick", "c**k", and "p***k", 17 uses of "hell", 10 uses of "ass", 5 uses of "damn", 4 uses of "son of a bitch", 2 uses of "crap", 5 times God's name was used as a curse, 5 times Jesus's name was used as a curse, 2 uses of "Oh, God", 2 uses of "Christ", 1 use of "goddamn", 1 use of "Oh, Christ", 1 use of "Oh, Jesus", 1 use of "for God's sake", and 1 use of "Jesus Christ". That information came form www.IMDb.com.
Adult Written bylouisa1 February 21, 2015

Gross out comedy delivers!

The sexy stuff in this movie is OFF THE HOOK! There is one scene where ted is masterbating also many refrences to mastabating, mary puts seaman in her hair thinking it's hair gel, a scene where mary is getting undressed (not much cleavage) a shot of a womens boobs, one of the characters is getting a blowjob done by his wife, ted goes out to pee and realises the place is where men are giving blowjobs, ted get's his penis stuck in his zipper (we see it!) and that's about it. for the swearing there are words like (b***h f**k di**w*d etc.) for the violence, ted punches someone in the face, teds head is knocked on a table three times, ted has a fight with a dog (hilarious!) one man is shot! and more, for the drinking drugs and smoking there is a lady and a dog on speed, ted and mary smoking in severel scenes, many scenes including beer, a man in several scenes taking cocaine etc etc. well that has to be the longest review iv'e ever done! but all in all something about mary is a great comedy! even though being gross and crude.
Adult Written byQuinton_Moad February 5, 2011

"There's Something About Mary" is a solid comedy and I'm certain most children 14 and older are mature enough to watch it

I was certainly mature enough for this movie when I was 14 and I think most children are. It does contain two scenes of explicit sexuality and there is a scene of drug use but nothing terrible. Brett Farve also makes an appearance and do you want your child's role model to be a football player?
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjburkett10 April 9, 2008

I lost the concept of good comedy

If we show this film to group that the media may intend it for, then we give a poor impression of men, women, dating and persons with different lifestyles. Everyone is impressionable, even adults, but being more "wise" we are supposed to use our common sense to discern good entertainment. If you don't take the information in this film seriously you will be fine, but this isn't good comedy.