All parent member reviews for This Is Spinal Tap

Adult Written byMusicman23 April 9, 2008

A Great spoof of the Rock-n-Roll Life. I highly reccommend it!

Awesome movie! Most of the songs have sexual innuendo, but it is all stuff that you would only get if you are old enough to know about it. If you have a mature 13 year old its fine, but anyone younger probably shouldn't see this movie.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byLiveYourLife March 27, 2012

It will give you a good laugh.

One of the best movies i ever saw,but i wouldn't double dog dare let my kids see it.Too much sex,and swearing.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 22, 2015

Hilarious and groundbreaking

Try to avoid reading too much into this movie. I've had a lot of its gags spoiled for me, so try to see it (at 15) with a fresh face. Like mockumentaries that would follow, what makes "Spinal Tap" work so well is the commitment the "band" makes. The accents, the gum chewing, the ego trips. And they're all so dumb with just idiotic filthy lyrics, and everyone gets to be in on the joke. It's a fast trip, made me laugh fairly often, and even if it is a little predictable the excellent humor it presents overshadows it.
Adult Written byTripleL June 19, 2015

Goofy but harmless

There really was nothing inappropriate in this film other than one scene where the F-word is repeated countless times. There is barely any reference to sex or drugs and mainly it's just a very silly 80s rock comedy.