All parent member reviews for This Is the End

Very good!

very funny! this would be for teens 13+
Parent Written byArtmom71 July 3, 2013

Embarrassing to watch

My husband and I are dumber for having watched this all the way through. This movie is stupid and offensive. Not much more to say, other than please don't waste your money or even free redbox rental on this junk. And don't let it anywhere near your children.
Parent Written bystaceydfla July 1, 2013

Obscene and idiotic

Two unrelenting hours of jokes about pot, penises and poo. I can't even begin to count how many times the "f" word was uttered. It was so foul-mouthed, obscene and idiotic I feel like my brain was violated. I wish I had walked out. If this is what qualifies as a funny movie in America these days, that's a tragedy.
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byIsenanao January 2, 2014

NOT for kids!

I like some of Seth Rogans work but I do not know how the reviewer could give this movie 4 stars. This was terrible... there were some funny spots but overall the humor is "potty" and childish and at the expense of others. I don't mind some gross humor, language or violence (I loved Zombieland) but this movie is just one cringe-worthy scene after another. And any kind of implied moral message this movie gets really WRONG WRONG WRONG, and I *can* put up with some ridicule. Typical Hollywood garbage perpetuating the idea that "being a good person gets you into heaven" and anyways HOW is it "learning to be a good person" if your choice is to "sacrifice" yourself for your friend and "go to heaven" or die some horrible death. Not much of a choice, can't see that as a lesson learned.
Parent Written byniecy2013 June 29, 2013

disturbing and dis respectful

I was completely caught off guard and disturbed by the messages that were being sent in this movie . Some parts created good to the movie like real life lessons but it just seemed to me like this movie was making a joke of a real very serious part of why we are living ! GOD !!!! you know its sickening that the world see the things that are going on but instead of making a difference we choose to make fun of it and let it continue on ! wow .... im completely appalled that this movie is so popular and that so many other people are not disturbed by this movie
Educator Written bygraveling April 30, 2014

funny

very crude humour and references and some nudity (male demon genitals) and violence is stong along with very strong language hard and soft drug use
Parent Written byreviews for the win August 29, 2013

this is.....the end

really bad language some violence tons of d*ck's sex talk and sexual songs ecstasy majuana and more . plus tons of advertising . but there is a little message about putting others first
Parent of a 12 year old Written byVlad22 August 6, 2013

Awful. Don't bother.

Awful. 1/10
Parent of a 18 year old Written byTsion July 10, 2013

Crazy Funny. Crazy Inappropriate.

THIS IS THE END is hysterically funny, no question about it. Chances are it will be one of the most outrageous movies you've ever seen, if not THE most outrageous movie you'll ever see. And you'll laugh your head off while you're watching it. The movie, however, takes crude and offensive content to a whole new level. It's not for kids or teenagers under any circumstances, really. The movie, which revolves around a group of celebrities playing fictionalized versions of themselves surviving the apocalypse, contains ceaseless profanity and crude sexual references. Every profane word out there is used, including "c**t." There are near 200 "f" words, heaps of them used in crude sexual contexts including those referencing rape and sexual slavery. Extended scenes draw humor from making the audience uncomfortable by describing sexual acts (including molestation and masturbation) in incredibly graphic terms. A man is raped by a demon (with a giant, entirely visible and erect penis) onscreen, and Satan is portrayed with a fiery penis the size of a skyscraper. A man is seen nearly naked (his butt is shown) receiving sexual acts from kneeling women in front of him and behind him. A man uses another as a sexual slave, with the rubber-clad gimp thrusting his bare butt up to his master in invitation. Characters smoke weed and do crack and ecstasy. Violence in the movie is all in a comedic context and draws humor from its outrageous gore, but it includes full-on views of people's heads being cannibalized (with blood spurts and gore), people being eaten by monsters, impaled and eviscerated with metal rods and pulls, falling into hell, and being burned alive. The movie openly mocks religion and Biblical views of end times, so those who might be offended by that should keep away. This movie is super funny, and none of the inappropriate content is meant to be taken seriously, but it still is incredibly graphic and wildly unacceptable for young and teenaged audiences. In the LA Times they reported that the finished version of the movie is what directors Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg initially thought would receive an NC-17 rating...just to put you in mind of how crazy this one is.
Parent Written byKerplink July 6, 2013

Watch something else

What a waste of an evening. Puerile nonsense aimed at teenage boys who think penis jokes are super funny. They won't be disappointed: Penis jokes abound in this movie. Emma Watson appears briefly to participate in a rape joke. (At least she doesn't actually get raped.) The scene at the end [spoiler] would have been funny if there had been some real music superstars (deceased) participating. On the whole, I'd say don't bother. And don't take your 8-10 year old kids with you because it is inappropriate and they won't get the masturbation jokes anyway. We had a whole bunch in the row next to us last night, and we cringed.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byTre_C June 24, 2013

Crass and crazy--with a surprisingly good story

My wife and I were in the mood for a comedy, so we decided to see this new film from the guys that gave us Pinapple Express, Knocked Up and the rest of them. I've seen them all before, she hasn't. I haven't heard her laugh so hard in a movie theatre in years--since the hair-removal scene of The 40 Year Old Virgin, to be precise. This is a vulgar, crass portrayal of life in the Gen Y Bratpack when the end of the worlds arrives. Definitely not appropriate for those under 17, both in terms of language and content. That being said, the storyline was actually quite good. In short, the rapture happens and everyone in their little part of Hollywood (or perhaps the whole of Hollywood) gets left behind. They don't go to Heaven because they weren't "good" which spawns some of the most interesting (and perhaps only) theological discussion found in today's modern cinema. Other than the last few minutes of the film (more on that later), I didn't find anything particularly objectionable and, to the contrary, felt that the ultimate message was a good one--hence the "positive message" rating. They are agnostics coming to realize they were wrong, and no doubt the movies intended audience is in the same place. As for the last few minutes of the film, if it "would have ended when they ascended" it could have been a film that would likely have become a classic in the genre. It really is that good. Instead, however, they attempt to make it "funny" which IMHO reduced it by a star. It is still a good movie and I'll definitely be seeing it again, but it coulda been a contender..... In short, if you like thoughtful discussion, aren't put off by swear words and drug use, then you'll like this one. Remember, it's a comedy. Laugh and enjoy.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byLeezell June 19, 2013

Excellent (semi) adult humor. I do mean adult.

Beyond funny in many parts. Only goes on 5 min or so too long unlike many of the Apatow-style movies. Exceptionally inappropriate for anyone under 14 or so.
Adult Written bydavyborn June 11, 2013

Relentlessly crude and irreverent disaster-comedy film is smart, but edgy.

Seth Rogen. Does that name mean anything to you? Well, unless you have been living in a cave for the past seven years or so, I think it certainly should. The infamous raunchy but utterly lovable Vancouver, Canada-born funnyman is notorious for his outrageous writing and acting, in such memorable films like Superbad (even if his role was still a bit small there, what role he did have, certainly left an impression, alright), Knocked Up, Funny People, The Green Hornet, and more. Really, this lovable confessed stoner of Jewish decent has made quiet a splash in the past while. Now, for the second name. Evan Goldberg. Does that name mean anything to you? What? It doesn't? Well, it should. Sure, the man has never done much acting, but he is the seldom known, or appreciated co-writer and good close friend of Rogen's, who has helped him pen many of there past scripts, including what finally leads us to our main topic, the new movie which has been written by them, again,and is also directed by the both of them, garnering Seth Rogen his first (co) directing credit to date. And, of course, that film is, This is the End. A incredibly raunchy, but very smart and even a little poignant, disaster-satire film that actually raises a few good points. The plot concerns, at least, at first, Seth Rogen, who, like every single other comedic actor in this film, playing a version of himself, who picks up his good friend Jay Baruchel, who has come to visit him in Las Angeles. Now, after knocking around with a few random "activities" of there's, Seth Rogen invites Jay to a party held that night at James Franco's house. once there, the friends begin to mingle with a long list of great comedic actors, including extensive cameos, with many actors such as Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride, Michael Cera, Emma Watson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Rihanna, Kevin Hart, Paul Rudd, and more. But, once a apocalyptic disaster strikes the city and kills over nearly everyone at the party, except for Rogen, Hill, Baruchel, Robinson, Franco and McBride. Now, the films strengths are purely in the writing and casting, as this impressive list of actors "do there thing" 107 ridiculously spontaneous, but admittedly clever moments, rarely pausing for us to stop laughing and take a breather. But, than, near the end, the film takes a route that I was not expecting at all, and, no, this is not a complain. Quiet the opposite, it took a surprisingly thoughtful, if still crude take on there apocalyptic situation, and the possibilities of a biblical rapture that they may have to face. Along the way, there are far too many set-ups that while are often very, very funny and well done, there ends up being so many jokes and material being flung at the screen, that really, we almost get tired of these jokes. Really, that is actually a rather bizarre complaint, isn't it? That I grew slightly wary of all the great set-ups? Oh well, it definitely a great time at the movies, and it is certainly more thoughtful and provoking that it probably ever even needed to be, at all. now, This is the End contains a endless, non-stop barrage of crude sexual content and jokes that run throughout the film, resulting in many, many jokes about masturbation, urine and other bodily functions, including even an early scene where a very strange and crude sexual act is performed on a rather "crazy" character. Also, considering that this film was a comedy, there is also an incredible amount of gruesome violence, even if much of it looks rather fake. People are decapitated, they have there heads squished and kicked into jello, people have there limbs ripped off, and, in one instance, a character even has a street lamp flung through his chest, with copious amounts of blood and gore fully on display, here. Also, there is a equally extensive amount of drug use, including many, many scenes of comical cocaine, marijuana and ecstasy use, resulting in several hallucinatory trips. And, finally, this film has strong language throughout, including nearly 250 uses of F--k, but many, many uses of other words such as sh-t, g-dd-mn, h--l, c-nt, d-ck, c-ck, c-m, wh-re, b-tch, jesus, and more. So, This is the End may actually be a little to clever and self-aware for it's own good, gradually causing the laughter to make up for a tiring and fairly lethargic 107 minute running time. Still, this is a hilarious time that fans of these actors will absolutely not regret checking out. Reccomended.