Parent reviews for Timeline

Weakly entertaining Middle Ages fantasy.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byAyn G. December 2, 2017

Underrated Movie is Actually Moving/Entertaining/well-structured

Our family is really surprised at the low rating for this movie. We used it to teach structure in Novel Lab, our kids' novel writing workshop. The kids loved it as much as we did. There are great character arcs/transformations. It promotes good values and the story is well-executed. There is some killing by bows and arrows, but it is not gratuitous, you don't see much close-up. But there is no sex, drinking, materialism or language which is nice.

Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

Enjoyable

Way too much violence for kids -- an adults only film.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySpud April 9, 2008

Not family-friendly, and not for most sci-fi fans

This movie is technically a sci-fi film, but it was written to appeal to Middle-Ages history buffs more then sci-fi fans. If you're the kind of person who liked Robin Hood and hated Star Trek, you'll enjoy this movie a lot more then I did. The language was extremely strong for a PG-13 movie, pretty much every expletive that is allowed in a PG-13 movie was used multiple times. The "S" word and the 5-letter "B" word seemed to be the most common. The movie's violent scenes could get pretty brutal at times, especially one scene which showed a very frightened character getting run through. The swordplay in this movie was a lot more realistically graphic then in most medieval movies, and that particular scene was way over the top.