Parent reviews for Tiny Shoulders: Rethinking Barbie

Based on 1 review

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Great conversation starter!

I watched this film on Hulu with our 11-year-old daughter. I was surprised that she stayed engaged for the entire film (we viewed it in one sitting). I had to explain a bit about Anita Hill, and there were a few words that she asked for clarification about (such as “relevant”). The film handled Barbie’s history in a PG manner (I was worried that they would go into the German doll a bit more, but they walked the line well). I was also concerned that they would discuss issues regarding the “plastic surgery Barbie women,” but it didn’t go there at all. Fantastic interviews with feminist leaders and it was interesting to see the Barbie employees talk about their jobs in such personal detail. I love the Fashionista line almost as much as I love Lammily, so it was interesting to see how that was developed. Great film...and it helped me to have some important conversations with our daughter. Whether you are a fan or a hater...or somewhere in between, you’ll find something in the film that will resonate with you.