Parent reviews for TMNT

TMNT Poster Image

An older turtles movie with a surprisingly strong story.

I disagree with the headline "Kiddie adventure," since this was a really good film with a very different story than other turtles shows or movies. The turtles have grown apart as a family, Leo's been gone for about two years training to be a better leader in Central America, and the others are living their own lives, since they've already defeated Shredder. But when Leo returns, the tension between him and Raph starts, and a new threat arises. It was a very interesting new way to watch the turtles, and I highly reccomend it if you're a turtles fan, or just someone who likes fun, heartwarming, action movies. The stone villains are a bit scary for young children though.

too serious, not fun enough

Very dark movie, way too serious, way too realistic in my opinion for a kids cartoon movie. This is CGI and it looks real and the story is just not fun enough, which makes it too old for my 6 year old. The bad guys are pretty dark and intense, they should have gone for more "cowabunga" and less "lord of the rings."

*sighs* Here we go again...

I can't stand CSM's bad taste anymore! This movie is so great! Nice animation and artwork!

TMNT-OMG!!!

I never seen the old cartoons from the 80's and 90's, but I have seen the old movie, and it was kinda dumb. But this movie is awesome! My favorite turtles are Michaelangelo and Leonardo! Parents, if you grew up watching the old TMNT cartoons, you probably would like this movie, but your kids will like it more. Just be aware of the violence, even though there's no blood or anything like that. Overall, this is the best TMNT movie so far!

TMNT

I like Sailor Moon is better than Dragon Ball Z.

My 7 year-old chose this movie

I would have preferred that he see something else but he was excited about the movie since he plays with Ninja Turtle toys/figurines. It was a very dark cartoon, with more violence than ideal. There was with lots of battles between the stone soldiers and monsters, and then fighting amonst the TMNT and others. He loved it, I tolerated it, but he chose this movie over The Robinsons as his top pick.

Not As Bad As I Thought

We try to be as careful as we can when taking our kids to the thearers and decided to give this one a try. Not bad compared to the other turtle movies. Actually alot more kid friendly. (My 4 year old didn't even cover his eyes.) It was nice to not have the language problem. Some questionable areas for me....2 unmarried people living together and the etire of the females. In the end..good moral to the story. Worth seeing if your kids are true turtle fans.