Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Tombstone

Very popular and very violent Wyatt Earp story.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byHillpreacher March 20, 2011

A CLASSIC Authentic Old-West film.

A very "real-life" character depiction of much of life in the old West. It is not a KIDS movie, the language and violence rules that out, but if you have a box that deletes that sort of language and if you talk to your kids about life in the old West, then the rest works pretty good for families with older kids.

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 20, 2011

Parent of a 10, 11, and 12 year old Written byMichael R. April 28, 2016

A great movie held back by sexual content.

There is an implied rape at the beginning of the movie. A scene takes place with a painting in the near background depicting a fully nude woman with an unobstructed view for several seconds (20+). A female character alludes to sex making a male character feel better followed by a caress/fondling of the character's clothed groin. Violence is moderate considering the length of the movie. The age and style of the movie reduce the impact of the violence and gore, placing it into an unrealistic realm. Positive messages can be found in Wyatt Earp & his brothers' strong will to do what they feel is right, only changing their position when it is right to do so. I was screening for my soon to be 13-year-old, think I'll have him wait until 14 or 15.

Adult Written byClayton B. March 18, 2017

Script

In the scene where Wyatt confronts Billy Bob Thornton in the Oriental Saloon, BBT says something tithe effect of ,"Yoy sure talk big for a man who don't go heels (carry a firearm). Wyatt answers,"No need to go heels to get the BULGE on a DUB like you. What does Bulge and Dub stand for in present day language.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byMisfit42 March 19, 2011

Historical fiction

My husband and I have always enjoyed Tombstone, and finally decided to show it to our two boys. We generally stay away from fare we deem too violent, but make exceptions with some historical fiction. We are watching it tonight and will walk through the history with them.
Adult Written bysarge123 February 5, 2015

Bloody, brutal and brilliant!

The violence is brutal, and contains spurting blood, sometimes graphically. Language includes the f-word.

Adult Written byDarkAgentE April 20, 2018

One of my favorites

Tombstone is awesome. There's non stop action, great acting, great plot, and very awesome pacing. The film isn't very slow paced or fast paced, it's more in the middle. The plot is pretty good, the movie is very well acted, and it's lighthearted, but dark too. There's a lot of shootouts and violence though. Tombstone is an all time classic western that never fails to entertain. 5/5.