Kid reviews for Tommy Boy

Raunchy, funny, and not for younger kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBonky94 April 9, 2008

I laughed my head off!

Chris Farley is a comedic genius. There was a few scenes that are innapropriate for my age, but, my dad cut that scene out. Language really isn't an issue, as common sense has portrayed it to be. Serves a good message of respect, trust, and determination.A must see for the family! (but not for younger children!) ♥
Teen, 14 years old Written bymercey April 19, 2020

one of the best comedy classics of all time

what parents need to know about Tommy boy is Tommy boy has only 3 sex jokes in it and there not even that bad. one of them is that a naked girl shows up in a pool (no nudity) and goes for a swim while Tommy's friend is encouraging her to take off her cloths. and the others are just jokes about virginity. this is a 10 plus film not a 16 plus film
Teen, 16 years old Written byMTahmisian April 5, 2018

Hilarious!

Chris Farley and David Spade really shine in the funniest movie out there! My 11 year brother has seen it many times and loves it. There is definitely positive messages, but a little too much suggestive sexual stuff.

Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2018

Hilarious and a little raunchy

This movie is classic. It is so quotable and funny. I love it. I would not recommend it for kids under 12, even though I’m only nine. It is sort of dumb, but that can’t stop it from being a good movie. Should watch it if you are 12+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnonymous_teen December 27, 2017

Tommy Boy is GREAT

I think that this movie is hilarious. I had a lot of good laughs with my two younger brothers. Although it does contain some inappropriate scenes, I think that it is still very appropriate for the ages of 10 and upwards.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykate_connolly October 21, 2017

goofy but funny

this movie was kinda cheesy but it was funny. there’s some language and m****rbation, but otherwise rly funny and good for a mature 13 year old or so!

Teen, 16 years old Written bynemofish26 May 25, 2017

Tommy Boy, my number one favorite Chris Farley movie of all time!

I think that Tommy Boy is a great family movie to watch in my opinion! :) You can watch this movie, even with your young kids in the room. In my opinion, I don't think that they'll notice the bad language and bad references throughout the movie, and what it means. I think that young viewers watching this movie will be in for a laugh throughout the movie, they'll enjoy watching it, despite a slight bit of bad language and bad reference in the movie. The recommended age for watching Tommy Boy is PG13. I remember myself being at the age of four when I first saw Tommy Boy. My brother and I watched Tommy Boy on VHS on the VCR player, my four year old self didn't understand any bad words or bad reference that was said throughout the movie, all I really cared about at the time when watching Tommy Boy was focusing on the actors and characters, Chris Farley (Tommy), and David Spade (Richard), another thing I cared about at the time was the movie, and the funny scenes. Ever since I watched Tommy Boy at the age of four, I began to keep asking my brother, and my mom to play Tommy Boy. I've even had my mom buy me a dvd copy of Tommy Boy, after our VHS of Tommy Boy had to get thrown away, even after watching my first ever dvd copy of Tommy Boy many many times, it finally got worn out to the point were it quit working, so I had my mom buy me my second copy of Tommy Boy. I take care of the movie carefully, and I don't play it much, I rarely ever get it out to watch it. My second copy is still in good condition, thankfully! :) I've watched Tommy Boy millions of times throughout the years, that both my parents and brother are tired of me over playing that movie, and obsessing over Chris Farley in general. Ever since I watched Tommy Boy at the age of four, I fell in love with Chris Farley, and his character, and the movie as well too, he was So funny, his character is So funny, and the movie itself is So funny in my opinion. Ever since I watched Tommy Boy, I have been a BIG fan of Chris Farley, and his movies, and SNL (Saturday Night Live), history included! <3 Tommy Boy is basically about these two guys, Tommy and Richard, who go out on a sales trip for Tommy's dad, who unfortunately dies, Tommy and Richard help save Tommy's dad's business "Callahan auto parts" by trying to sale break pads, and saving the business from becoming bankrupt, they also let Zalinsky sale break pads in his store, and Zalinsky lets "Callahan auto parts" stay in business. :) Lastly, in my opinion, I think that this movie teaches a good message. (Okay, I want to apologize for the long drawn out paragraph, sorry! :( ). (And second, I understand that I shouldn't include any information about myself in the reviews, but I wanted to, and I also felt the need to share my experiences watching Tommy Boy, and my opinions about the movie too.) Please no judgment for what I typed, also no making fun of me, and no rude comments, I won't tolerate that at all! And I definitely don't appreciate it at all either! Thanks for reading! :) <3

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 January 26, 2017

Funny

Very funny movie with very edgy humor

Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2016

Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2016

Raunchy, slapstick humor in Chris Farley's riotous comedy; teens and up

The majority of the movie's humor revolves around Farley's ridiculous physical comedy; i.e. him smashing into walls, getting hit on the head with various hard objects, etc., etc. There's also innuendo and a scene in which a character watches a woman undress and swim in the hotel pool (no nudity actually shown). There's also drinking, marijuana smoking with bongs, and several instances of strong language. Overall, TheProBros thinks Tommy Boy is a hilarious pic for teenagers around the age of thirteen and up.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2013

really common sense media??

so not 15+!! just skip the skinny dipping scene i did you'l see it coming!
other than that it's fine language is not a problem so 12+

Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2013

Funny Movie

Although this is a funny movie, it has some nudity, sexual references, scenes featuring drunk characters, and some foul language. There is one fight scene. But above all this is a very funny movie.

Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Good!

Kid, 10 years old November 27, 2011

i agree with mcmovie123

i saw this when i was about four and nothing was wrong with it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrugbyrules September 5, 2011

Hilarious and fine if mature

Really funny. I love this movie. And yes there is a fair amount of language as long as your mature and know not to talk like that enjoy yourself watching it. There's only one scene my mom doesn't like, it when there on the boat and tells the kid he's gonna shove the oar up his @$$.

Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2011

GREAT, FUNNY MOVIE!! MUST WATCH IT

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! It's so hilarious! I loved Chris Farley in the movie, he was really good. I must warn parents that it does contain a lot of language and drinking. Also, there is some sex-related stuff, but that's pretty much the bad stuff of it. EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE, IT'S SO GOOD AND FUNNY!

Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2010
really funny movie.good family comedy

Teen, 14 years old Written bymcmovie123 July 13, 2010

common sense does not know wat there talkin about on this one.

you got to be kidding me i saw that movie when i was 9.