All parent member reviews for Top Gun

Adult Written byazdesertdawg April 9, 2008

Parent Written byBRANDON72 February 18, 2012

Blasphemous Words are in this Movie

This Movie takes God's Name in Vain and that is bad enough for me.
Parent of a 2, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byMomof4boysNC July 11, 2010

Adult Written byEnclave February 15, 2013

American Classic

An action-packed and drama filled timeless American Classic that will make even a pacifist want to be "Top Gun". Breathtaking footage of in-flight aircraft and combat sequences serves as a benchmark in action filmography. Tom Cruise of course, nails his performance, making him almost the symbol of the All-American culture and ideals.
Parent Written byjmm96d March 7, 2013

That's a Maybe, Ghostrider

I do remember this movie from my youth and was in elementary school. I loved the film because of the airplanes and cockpit talk. I had no interest in Kelly McGillis or knew who Tom Cruise was. I guess what struck me was how much cussing there was when watching it with my oldest. I have a 4 cussword rule right now with her. It may be less or more, however, this movie was on for 15 min and already violated that, so I turned it off. Now, most of it is everyday talk for some. However, I just didn't remember them saying so many and especially in anger. Granted when I saw this I also was watching HBO and Predator combined with how my parents talked. I think that is what determines whether or not you should let your kid see this. What are they used to already? If they are not used to cussing in anyway or once or twice a movie, this will stick out, so someone about to be in 5th grade can not have that stick out so much. If they are used to it, then it should be acceptable for someone about to be in 3rd grade. I put this movie has smoking, but its not a youth and not a pilot but possibly a stereotype of high ranking people in the military. I explained to my kids that they may not smoke in real life, but for this role in the movie.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

Violent but good.

This movie has some mild violence.Does that mean it blows? No.Is it bad for kids? Yes.I'm 23 so I can watch it.Its REALLY funny!
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008