Parent reviews for Tower Heist

Brisk, fun heist movie has some language, sex talk.

Parent of a 13 and 14 year old Written bywrightmom November 25, 2011

Use the rating as your first guide

Part of what is wrong with society today is that parents bring 10 year olds to PG-13 movies. I brought my 13 and 15 year old and would not want them to see it any younger. It is hard to find good movies for kids/teenagers, but don't push it too soon. What is left for them when they are older? "R" movies when they are 13. Maybe alcohol and cigarettes when they are 16. Overall good movies for at a minimum 13. Discuss the language and sexual references with your kids.

Adult Written bymovie and popcorn November 5, 2011

Think twice before bringing the kids...

The language was horrible. I was shrinking in my seat with my 10 year old next to me. My ten year old is very mature but there were so many inappropriate scenes I was happy when he needed to use the restroom in the middle of the movie. There is also many sexual references including the mention of lesbians at least 6 times in a row during the characters dialogue. I really would have enjoyed this movie much more if I would have come without the kids. My 10 year old even asked why they had to swear so much.. it did not add to the movie at all.

Adult Written bytsh9696 March 23, 2012

Questionable Rating

I turned it off after the first 5 minutes (or perhaps less). Too much about anatomy, sexual activity. Others may feel that is fine, or 'iffy' for 12 and 13 year olds. I don't.

Adult Written bymomofallboys November 7, 2011

should have been rated R because of launguage

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Adult Written by<3Troll November 5, 2011

G-R-E-A-T

took my twins and 3 sons and daughter to see this (typical homeschool family am i right) and they loveddddd it! All are under 10 and loved it!

Adult Written byshanerocks May 20, 2012

great movie

This movie is awesome. the only bad stuff in it is the foul language and some sexual references.

Adult Written bypinktami November 5, 2011

Foul Language is OVER KILL

We took our 9 and 10 year old to see this. We tend not to shelter our kids as they can watch stuff without repeating, etc., but the language was a little too much. The movie was funny and full of action...it did not need the graphic language. We don't mind the foul words every now and then, but some of it went too far and was uncomfortable (talk about Lesbians, body parts, and other sexual innuendos). A little something thrown in every now and then is funny, but this was over kill. By the way, my 9 year old daughter thought the movie was boring (she's not into action flicks and doesn't really think potty words are funny) and my 10 year son thought it was awesome (he thinks potty words are funny and loves action and comedy). If young enough to let sexual comments/foul language go over their head, I can see the movie being funny to them. However, once they know what those words mean, that's when it gets tricky.

Adult Written bycommin July 14, 2012

Funny, But Not For Tweens

Me and my sister went to see it opening day and it was funny, but not for tweens. There are like 100 uses of s--t. But worse, Eddie Murphey, "Slide" uses the N-Word twice.

Adult Written bycleanmovies0 May 11, 2012

just plain bad dont waste your life youll regret it

very disapointing at how ben stiller and eddie murphy were on this movie countless curse words if there was anymore it would be rated r eddie murphy talk about lesbians in a very sexual way ben stiller makes cheap jokes that are not really funny but would make trasher people laugh and eddie murphy says hes going to have sex calls his girl friend a b--ch and just very bad content i would never watch again and demand for my two hours of my life back dont even pay money to watch.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez April 3, 2012

14 and up.

Tower Heist is a great comedy movie stars with Ben stiller and Eddie murphy good for your older teens and parents you need to know that Tower Heist has some sexual content such as sex talk and some strong language used and some social drinking used.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written bysueluck March 15, 2012

Lotsa swearing

My husband and I watched it with our 12- and 9- year old. Big mistake, mostly because of the language. When you're with your kids it seems every other word is a swear. SO embarrassing.

Adult Written byage 10+ February 26, 2012
Adult Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Tower Heist

hularious film!! but lots of sex talk

Positive messages
Adult Written byCSmediafan November 12, 2011

Fun Robin Hood Heist for High Schoolers and Up

This movie was very entertaining--well casted and well acted--but I don't think children under 14 should be exposed to jokes about lesbian sex, balls, poles, bitches, etc., etc. (I wanted to take my 17-year-old and I'm sorry he missed it, but I'm glad I left my 12-year-old at home)

Adult Written by1086146 November 7, 2011

Inuendo and language is too much for children, even 12 years old.

I was on the fence about taking my 12 yr old daughter to see this and in the end, I did not take her. I'm very glad that I didn't, because the sexual inuendo and language was over the top. Just didn't add to the humour of the movie. Eddie was average. There were scenes that dragged on a little too long. I would suggest waiting until it comes out on dvd or it shows up on cable.