All teen and kid member reviews for Tower Heist

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 November 8, 2011

All right. Not what I expected from a four star review. Gosh.

My rating: PG-13 for frequent language, some sexual references and recklessly violent action.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydragongleem November 13, 2011

fun to see!

over all i LOVED it my mom wonted to leave right away but the sexual themes died down to almost none but there is a lot of strong language used not in the high catagory but low to a mild mediem. i thought it was sweet and at the end (I liked it) but it seemed to end abroutly (said my mom)
Teen, 17 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 June 15, 2013

Great movie but mind the language and the humor

Plot: A wall street defrauder (/investment stealer), Arthur Shaw is caught, and makes the mistake of telling his employees that he took their pensions to make more investments. The building manager, Josh Kovacs (Ben Stiller) decides to take matters into his own hands and find Shaw's money. Teaming up with Ben Stiller is Slide (Eddie Murphy) a petty crook whom repeatedly gets caught, Charlie the concierge (Casey Affleck), Mr Fitzhugh (Matthew Broderick) a victim of Arthur Shaw's con schemes, Enrique the new elevator operator (Michael Peña), Odessa (Gabourey Sidibe) the Jamaican cleaning lady being threatened with deportion (or being sent out of a country). Problems Sex: A tutorial on safe cracking is given in a suggestive manner. 2 security guards are distracted by a french playboy, where "the woman are more n@ked" according to an off duty worker. A man says he will be having $3% with a person. A man mentions that his wife's water broke (or the baby is coming out). Violence: Peril, person repeatedly strikes at a car, guns are pulled but not used, woman bashes door guard so that he faints Drugs: Characters are seen at a bar Language: @$$ and $#!+ are used several times, names are called (a fat woman thinks a comment about "the elephant" is pointed at her) Consumerism: Arthur Shaw is such a rich con man, he has a pool on top of his penthouse with a dollar bill painted on the bottom. He also has one of Steve McQueen's car, and it can be implied that several residents are rich. Toys R Us is also shown Positive messages/Things to talk about: Parents should ask kids about how justified the heist seemed. Most of the people committing the heist are poor, and their pensions were taken. Does this justify the heist? Does it seem any more justified because the money was split among everyone? Why did certain characters not trust others? Positive Role models: Each character eventually gets along and is able to be treating. Despite being a crook, Slide gives good instructions and does not act like a mole in the movie. Quality: Tower Heist is a very funny movie which will appeal to older teenagers. It is not going to make them laugh out loud, but they will probably find some of the stuff to be funny. I watched and personally enjoyed it. Tower Heist made my friend laugh (they have very huge sense of humor, particularly those at other's expense) and it intrigued me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNvG Nick January 22, 2016

Tower Heist Review

Tower Heist is one of those lazy Saturday movies you rent ON Demand and go in with low expectations and end up loving. Its pretty crude but really fun and super funny.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2014

It was ok i rather watch instead of not.

I was debating of you should be 11 or 10 but it was close but I think it's more on the 10 or 101/2. Ben Stiller and this girl got drunk and all that happened was she said "I haven't got drunk since Tuesday" and then it was a different subject. The sex talk was just really for a minute and maybe one other time. I didn't really learn anything and I can only watch most pg-13. Just make sure your kid knows what it means.
Teen, 14 years old Written byant18 July 3, 2012

Alright movie for mature people

i saw this movie last year with my twin sister and mum and we thought it was funny, but there was a bit of language in it, but not appropriate for under 14 if you're not mature
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn November 10, 2011

Breezy little heist film is fine for teens, but a bit too crude for tween's

Tower Heist is a fun start to the winter movie season, which of course as we all no perfectly well, starts with the first Friday of November and ends with the last Friday of December, so it has begun. Although, I honestly keep thinking that if it wasn't for the fact that director Brett Ratner casted Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy in the movie, I don't think very many people would have wanted to see it, because of just a plain old serious heist movie, it is also a screwball comedy as well, which makes things work decently. But, as breezy as it is, it is still Rated PG-13 for a reason, which is most because of: frequent profanity including sh-t, g-dd-mn, h-ll, banging, n-gg-er, pr-ck, b-tch and d-ck. Also, probably the most important part of why it was Rated PG-13: There is some occasional crude sexual humor and jokes which actually do get a little graphic, and also one scene that depicts the cover of a playboy magazine with breasts and nipples clearly visible, which, again, is fairly graphic. Well, that's all, but if you are a big fan of Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, the rest of the talented cast, or just plain heist movies in general, you should probably have a good time at it.
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2014

Fun heist movie

Sex- 4 (Moderate Sexual References)
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2013

Funny but iffy

Really funny movie but iffy for 12 and under. Lots of language involving Eddie Murphy and the people he lives with. I was way to young when I saw this (10). Great movie for 13 and over
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2013

TOWER HEIST

hilarious a must watch, I thought this was the funniest film of the year I think this is Ok for 11 and up some language and sex talk but nothing much else just very funny
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2012

FUNNY MOVIE SEE NOW

its a really good movie lots of sex talk references to the penis vagina sperm lots of language very funny laughing the whole movie not for kids brief violence and lots of product placement love it
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristopherGraham September 20, 2012

Tower Heist Review by Christopher Graham

I thought it was very funny and a great film to watch. It has a great cast, a good storyline, and it will make people laugh right out the box.
Teen, 14 years old Written byplaybill313 August 30, 2012

Surprising Language for Movie Marketed at Young Kids

I was surprised that this movie was marketed to 9- and 10-year-olds. Although the humor would really only be funny for kids of that age group (I doubt any kids older than 14 would watch it) I was surprise by the language. I usually do not mind cursing in movies, but there were some really foul words, including one use of the n-word. Also, the movie comes out as racist, having the only black people in the cast be stereotypical, poor, non-trustworthy, and loud thieves. Another issue is the frequent consumerism, although it isn't too major. The movie is just adequate, but the hijinks will please younger kids. Just don't go into the movie with high expectations.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2012

Too much!!

This is a fairly good movie but there is SO MUCH LANGUAGE!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bygoldenlion666 July 9, 2012

tower heist

this film is abseolutely hilarious. but a bit too much for ages 14 and under. violence 2/5 language 3/5 sex 3/5
Teen, 14 years old Written byceltics14 June 26, 2012

PG-13?

I was kind of surprised this was PG-13. Give a little more language and you have a R rated movie. A lot of language and sexual references, but funny Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller comedy. Good for teens.
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2012

Good movie. Big problems.

This movie was really good although there is a lot of bad language. There is also some uses of the word "vagina". There is yet also tons and I mean tons of violence. I would not recommend this for anyone younger than 13. Even though I would recommend it otherwise. It 's an all star cast and an all star movie!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bythundermuffin May 27, 2012

So many curse words!!!!

Three of our female teachers chose to show this to a class of 8th graders in class. When one of our male teachers came in (during a particularly inappropriate scene which used language referring to male parts), he was shocked. He looked over at the three other teachers and asked what the heck they were showing the kids. They just said it was funny. And he was horrified and told them it was completely inappropriate for 13 year olds and they were just laughing. Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's heads....
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 29, 2012

the great

tied with the best crime movie ever.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2012

Tower Heist- Movie Review

It's a extreemely good movie and has lot's of laughs. There are three conversations which I think are unsuitable for my age. ( 11, 12) Apart from that i's fantastic.